global Film

Guest rmercer

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thatsnappyguy
We must do it slightly differently or something.

I aim slightly higher than the very edge and I do my best to make sure both sides are dry.

Originally (the way my brother taught me years ago) I did it UNDER the film (the way originally advised by LLumar).

either way, I been doin it the same way for years now, and the only thing thats different is the way the film acted. but anyway......I snap the film by lifting the film with my olfa from about 1" from the bottom, moving across with gun about 12" away.

Guest darkdan

I lift it about 4" up and run the heat gun left to right at the rate of about a foot per second aimed at the very bottom of the film from the top side.

Once upon a time I used to blow the hot air under about 4" of film. Sometimes I still do.

Guest thatsnappyguy

I have done that a few times only cuz I seen it on that video. I snap trucks back glasses, visors, doors...I absolutley love and use that method many times a day, so I depend on the film complying with it.

I switched to QDP about 5 or 6 months ago, for the price. I am absolutley sold on there film. love the heat shrinking and the color is perfect. I still miss the hp charcoal, but I get worried about the gps and signal blocking. I am glad to hear about the excellant color stability.

Archived