Downtown Condo Finished

Finished another downtown condo today. He chose Geoshield IRs-70 for heat control. He didnt want alot of the light blocked but wanted something to control the heat. The place was like working in an art museum. I was sure I was going to knock something over..he had art and sculptures all over the place and not to mention a baby grand piano....

100_1991.jpg

100_1987.jpg

100_1989.jpg

Great piano picture. Looks like something right out of a film magazine. Ive been in those types. It is scarey moving around sometimes in those places.

Never attempt to move a piano even if customer asks. Years ago two co workers of mine rolled a piano over hardwood floor about 4 ft. and roller marks across the floor. ALmost a nightmare but luckily the lady was cool and realized shes the one that asked to move it. Could have worked around it. Sometimes its a pita.

-SF

Never attempt to move a piano even if customer asks.

-SF

Absofrikenlutely. Don't move anything!

One of my pet peaves is when those giving the estimate don't tell people to clear the space around the window, so the installer is stuck being a furniture mover, blind and curtains remover and re-installer.

And the daft customers who can't be bothered to remove dishes, plants and toiletries from window sills...

Not to mention these pretentious rich folks with fragile statues in front of the windows. I've had bosses insist that we move these kinds of things and replace them!

One thing that sticks in my memory was a boss of mine insisting we move this full size carousel horse sculpture because he didn't want to have the customer have to take care of it and injured his back.

We didn't even get started before he hurt himself.

Not to mention the risk of damaging the expensive items and or the floor.

Never attempt to move a piano even if customer asks.

-SF

Absofrikenlutely. Don't move anything!

One of my pet peaves is when those giving the estimate don't tell people to clear the space around the window, so the installer is stuck being a furniture mover, blind and curtains remover and re-installer.

And the daft customers who can't be bothered to remove dishes, plants and toiletries from window sills...

Not to mention these pretentious rich folks with fragile statues in front of the windows. I've had bosses insist that we move these kinds of things and replace them!

One thing that sticks in my memory was a boss of mine insisting we move this full size carousel horse sculpture because he didn't want to have the customer have to take care of it and injured his back.

We didn't even get started before he hurt himself.

Not to mention the risk of damaging the expensive items and or the floor.

Yes it is quite amazing how people don't want to move anything out of the way of the installers. Amazing how often you spend moving objects. Big commerical jobs too, the people never have the stuff cleared of the window ledge. Why is that. Main reason. Salesman too busy with his pitch can't remember to politely ask and tell them that it is somewhat emparative (sp) that they do.

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

nice stuff there, I like the whole downtown condo look. What city is that? Here we are just barely trying to revitalize our downtown area by adding hi rise lofts and condos and reinovating existing old hi rise buildings in to apartments and such. Can't wait for it to catch on so I can stop doing yard work and move downtown

nice stuff there, I like the whole downtown condo look. What city is that? Here we are just barely trying to revitalize our downtown area by adding hi rise lofts and condos and reinovating existing old hi rise buildings in to apartments and such. Can't wait for it to catch on so I can stop doing yard work and move downtown

Downtown Columbus. This is a newly renovated building, with many tax benefits for the owners...no property taxes for 10 years...Free water...ect...

Archived