08 Mini

Exact-Oh

Can anyone give me info on how to remove the door panel gaskets on this thing? I tried removing the panel, but the rubber is molded to some aluminum rail, and if you try to remove that, the entire window/motor assembly wants to come out.

The 'door latch trick' doesn't work on this car either. I wouldn't mind, just tint it with the window down an inch, if I could get this stupid gasket out!

Can anyone give me info on how to remove the door panel gaskets on this thing? I tried removing the panel, but the rubber is molded to some aluminum rail, and if you try to remove that, the entire window/motor assembly wants to come out.

The 'door latch trick' doesn't work on this car either. I wouldn't mind, just tint it with the window down an inch, if I could get this stupid gasket out!

Did you ever find out how to do it. I've got one this weekend.

leave it on..or remove the window.

Yep, dont even attempt to take the trims off you are wasting your time. Tint it with doors in place, trick the lock mechanism with a screwdriver so the window thinks the doors closed, dont forget to pull the door handle to release before you close the door again.

Guest blackout1

after u clean the window, spray the bottom of the window. when u install, lay the bottom first and push on the glass and then slide the film behind the rubber.. works every time

after u clean the window, spray the bottom of the window. when u install, lay the bottom first and push on the glass and then slide the film behind the rubber.. works every time

it's been over a year.....I think they prolly got it figured out.... :beer

Guest perfectdark
leave it on..or remove the window.

Yep, dont even attempt to take the trims off you are wasting your time. Tint it with doors in place, trick the lock mechanism with a screwdriver so the window thinks the doors closed, dont forget to pull the door handle to release before you close the door again.

glad i signed up, i havent done a mini in a while and i knew they changed it up to those aluminum frames and was curious what everyone thought about the process. thanks guys!

Archived