!llegal tint disclaimer

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did you call the judge and ask him how he would rule in a negligent civil matter after you sit on the stand and admit to doing something !llegal :bling

In 1991 I had a judge (in civil court) say that it was up to the customer to concider weather they were in the perameters of the law or not. Not the shop providing the service. That there are medical reasons for some to have their windows tinted.

And yes I am in Illinois.

Did you call the judge and ask him how he would rule in a negligent civil matter after you sit on the stand and admit to doing something !llegal :bling

In 1991 I had a judge (in civil court) say that it was up to the customer to concider weather they were in the perameters of the law or not. Not the shop providing the service. That there are medical reasons for some to have their windows tinted.

And yes I am in Illinois.

thanks Gus!

Guest auto.tint

Im not so much looking for a waiver, but an outline of a "work order".

I started at a new shop and the front guys have no idea, so i was thinking some sort of work order/waiver might be in order.

If anyone can shoot me there copy that would be great. Shealin@optonline.net

I had a cop tell me that he wasn't concerned with the tinters who installed illegal tint but he goes after the customer that seeks it out and drives with dark windows. They know they are breaking the law and intentionally having it done. Now this means nothing to our law in FL. It is illegal to install illegal window film on a vehicle. But I thought it was interesting that he said that to me.

OK OK i understand where all the guys saying its illegal to tint for general road use are coming from.

Bur surely even in The States someone can use a vehicle on a private road on private land with modifications that might be illegal if used on a public highway.

So if that is the case then surely a disclaimer could say the vehicle was not for use on a public road and that the vehicle arrived and was taken away on a trailer.

And if someone wanted their vehicle tinted by a professional for such use then surely the state laws can not make that illegal, so wouldn't a disclaimer work in that scenario?

We really appreciate it....we contacted local and state authorities, also a lawyer buddy, and there is nothing stated in the Illinois lawbooks that it is !llegal for shops to tint illegally. No fines, no punishment, nothing to enforce on us as a shop.

Not any more.

As of 10/2009 a shop that does illegal tinting can be fined up to $500.00

Archived