!llegal tint disclaimer

waiver has worked for me since before tint laws were invented. Customer signs it and I keep it not them. Have had police in shop several times over the years to write a fine (up to 10,000 here) but when I show the waiver with very strong "tint legal language" a fine has never been written. Yes I could be sued but I could be out of business by not slinging dark papas also. Tint legal is always the first objective but then it's pay the rent.

i agree 100% gotta pay the bills just be smart about it.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

holy crap responses on an old topic thread :)

Illinois laws have changed and it is now illegal for the driver and the tint shop to tint a car illegally. That said, unless the local pd buys a meter they are no longer able to write tickets for tint. Any tint on the fronts used to be illegal, now there are options on percentages depending on vehicle, so cops need a meter to prove the tint is illegal. Every shop around here, even the franchises tint illegally, not to mention the autozone DIY's (lol) A majority of the cops around here will not write a ticket, they tell ppl to get it removed, but a lot of them don't mess with it. The only cars we tint darker than legal are the ones for off road use, show cars, and some ICE vehicles.

And as for the bars gettin sued...if someone is dumb enough to be a drunk and then drive then they could just as easily do it at their house as a bar...it isn't the bars responsiblity to babysit the general population. Next they will sue McD's for making us all eat Big Mac's till we have heart attacks. Our maybe my hubby will sue me for cooking good food for him and letting him smoke, which eventually might effect his health. Or Stan could sue Alexia for making him go to work.... :D Personal responsibility goes a long way...and although ppl have been sued and fined, the actual outcome of a judgement can be quite different. just my 2 cents...

Archived