Money and jobs vs. Location

I'm on the career search, fresh degree and goin all over lookin at jobs. PA, NC and Cali are the top three. PA and NC for jobs, Cali for where I wanna live. I'm booked for July 16-31 in Cali to go out lookin for jobs all over the place. If nothing pans out I'll have to sheepishly ask for another chance with one of the places I interviewed in the other states.

The 1st job I interviewed at was ok, cool career path but I don't particularly like PA or its tint laws! Anyhow I turned em down, got a sweet counter offer and said I had to check out options elsewhere knowing the risk of losing the chance there. Who knows, just couldnt shake I'd regret not trying to land myself a job where I wanna be. Yes I know I'll be broke in Cali and I dont care at all.

Just wondering from past experiences how anyone else made the big decision and whether or not they feel it was a good call. I mean ya gotta follow your gut so I decided I had to try..

That being said, any shops in Cali I'd love to visit (Not for work, just to kick it) I'm goin corporate for a while and tintin on the side at a shop I hope wherever I head.

:dunno

I dunno Tim, people are trying to escape California right now. CA has really changed in my lifetime, there are only a few areas left and you wouldn't believe the prices here. Gas is already over 5$ per, milk is 6+, rent on my one bedroom apartment is 1075$ per. :dunno

They say the grass is always greener somewhere else, but this is a tough place to start out.

I dunno Tim, people are trying to escape California right now. CA has really changed in my lifetime, there are only a few areas left and you wouldn't believe the prices here. Gas is already over 5$ per, milk is 6+, rent on my one bedroom apartment is 1075$ per. :dunno

They say the grass is always greener somewhere else, but this is a tough place to start out.

Damn, it sounds rough out west. Do you have to make 60k a year just to survive?

I know its pricey, I'm single and dont need much. From my budgeting with rent in that range I'd be fine on 40k a year which is easily achieved. Shoot I could be a Dr*g rep and pull more than enough.

still got the jobs on the back burner elsewhere. We'll see

Guest darkdan

CA sucks. It's like MN Sr.

East PA is at least close to real civilization.

Beware of the South. I have family down there. I've seen what can happen.

"You sure do have a pretty mouth."

Is the degree going to be tint related? Sounds like a big step,Good luck.

I grew up in Mi. , have been all over the u.p. and lower , racing motorcyles, hunting , fishing . Brother has a place on Drummond we hunt/fish at.

and until last month , would move back in a heartbeat (but I'm married...). I was in upstate N.Y. and that might be a second choice.

What I'm getting at is all things being equal, I would pick location first. Worst case , it's easier being poor in a location you like , if you are successfull

it doesn't matter where you are you'll have the means to "get outta town"

N.C. is beautifull country, Ca. is nice ,but like T.D. said pricey, but if you're pulling down 110k it's all relative. :lol

Whats Mn Sr. :lol

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

NOW YUV DUNNIT!!!! Yur Giten yer azz kikt.

Archived