No Slip today????

I did a commercial job today. Ten DP windows about 10 feet x 4 feet. I was installing Geoshield IRs-70 (detac adhesive) almost feels like dry. Anyhow, after preping the windows as normal, I sprayed the heck out of the window with my slip solution (Film On and Distilled H2O) and reversed rolled from left to right. I even added a little extra Film On to my tank due to the size of the windows. Once I had the film roughly in place and removed the liner off the top, I couldnt for the life of me move the film around to line it up. I ended up having to peel it back a bit and spray more and even then it wasnt cooperating. No sunlight today, just a rainy day. After dealing with the first window I took the tank outside and added some more Film On hoping that would resolve the issue, pressurized it back up with my air compressor and moved on to the next window.....same problems again and again. This has never happened before so I know it isnt the film. I did notice when I sprayed the windows, the water kind of just rolled off like a freshly waxed car. Do you think the cleaning people used some sort of rain off cleaner? I am clueless here on this one. Anybody have any clues as to what the problem is? :dunno

Oh and to add insult to injury, I sliced the hell out of a couple fingers today by accidentally running my fingers across the film edge....Its like a papercut on steroids...OUCH!!!!!!! Maybe I should just rack it up to it being Monday...

102_2006.jpg

I know its only a papercut...but damn I think its deep enough for another purple heart....

Guest tintgod
I did a commercial job today. Ten DP windows about 10 feet x 4 feet. I was installing Geoshield IRs-70 (detac adhesive) almost feels like dry. Anyhow, after preping the windows as normal, I sprayed the heck out of the window with my slip solution (Film On and Distilled H2O) and reversed rolled from left to right. I even added a little extra Film On to my tank due to the size of the windows. Once I had the film roughly in place and removed the liner off the top, I couldnt for the life of me move the film around to line it up. I ended up having to peel it back a bit and spray more and even then it wasnt cooperating. No sunlight today, just a rainy day. After dealing with the first window I took the tank outside and added some more Film On hoping that would resolve the issue, pressurized it back up with my air compressor and moved on to the next window.....same problems again and again. This has never happened before so I know it isnt the film. I did notice when I sprayed the windows, the water kind of just rolled off like a freshly waxed car. Do you think the cleaning people used some sort of rain off cleaner? I am clueless here on this one. Anybody have any clues as to what the problem is? :lol

Oh and to add insult to injury, I sliced the hell out of a couple fingers today by accidentally running my fingers across the film edge....Its like a papercut on steroids...OUCH!!!!!!! Maybe I should just rack it up to it being Monday...

102_2006.jpg

I know its only a papercut...but damn I think its deep enough for another purple heart....

throw some hair around that thing ...and use your imagination :lol:lol:bat

I did a commercial job today. Ten DP windows about 10 feet x 4 feet. I was installing Geoshield IRs-70 (detac adhesive) almost feels like dry. Anyhow, after preping the windows as normal, I sprayed the heck out of the window with my slip solution (Film On and Distilled H2O) and reversed rolled from left to right. I even added a little extra Film On to my tank due to the size of the windows. Once I had the film roughly in place and removed the liner off the top, I couldnt for the life of me move the film around to line it up. I ended up having to peel it back a bit and spray more and even then it wasnt cooperating. No sunlight today, just a rainy day. After dealing with the first window I took the tank outside and added some more Film On hoping that would resolve the issue, pressurized it back up with my air compressor and moved on to the next window.....same problems again and again. This has never happened before so I know it isnt the film. I did notice when I sprayed the windows, the water kind of just rolled off like a freshly waxed car. Do you think the cleaning people used some sort of rain off cleaner? I am clueless here on this one. Anybody have any clues as to what the problem is? :lol

It's possible that they applied a rain x type material or a silicone residue. Try using a citrus foam cleaner with a scotchbrite (soft) material. This might do the trick.

Guest FilmBlazer

I encounter this with some glass from time to time. It sucks to deal with especially when you're working with windows of that size. I don't use film on, just JBS and water... I usually lay the film then peel back one side or the top and spray slip behind the film and it will move. I can usually feel where its jamming up if its just a particular spot. With this type its like the whole window is jammed up, fingering etc.

Usually not an issue once I spray behind the film after laying. You might try emptying your supply hose before starting the install and shaking your bottles too, sometimes the water gets dank in that hose even from one day of sitting in summer heat etc. Like mentioned it could have been some stOOpid silicone cleaner :lol I hate that stuff!

Guest pmuzik
It's possible that they applied a rain x type material or a silicone residue. Try using a citrus foam cleaner with a scotchbrite (soft) material. This might do the trick.

And what brand citrus cleaner would you recommend :lol

Guest pmuzik

:lol What a wussie It's not even Bleeding

Usually this happens on performance glass, don't ask me why ,but I've encountered the same scenario and start wondering "am I losing it"

makes you feel like you forgot everything you ever learned. :krazy

Nasty cut too!!! Think about this: when you cut security film , if you angle your blade while you are cutting from a handler, you're creating a nice knife edge.OUCH!!

Archived