EWFA Appoints L. Constantin of Solar Gard

Guest vclimber

Guest vclimber

European Window Film Association Appoints Lawrence Constantin of Solar Gard® Window Films as Vice President

Source: EWFA, 2008-Jul-02

Lawrence Constantin and EWFA to raise awareness of window film’s important role in saving energy in the European Union

The European Window Film Association (EWFA) is pleased to announce the appointment of Lawrence Constantin of Solar Gard Window Films to the position of Vice President of the EWFA Board. He takes on the position with immediate effect.

Established in 2000 by 3M, Bekaert Specialty Films (the manufacturer of Solar Gard) , CPFilms, FTI and Madico, the EWFA is an international not-for-profit trade association that represents and seeks to further the interests of the window film industry. It brings together manufacturers and distributors with the purpose of promoting window film products in the EU and highlighting their innovative performances and properties as well as introducing the concept of EU-harmonised or EU-endorsed window film standards.

Promote acceptance and importance of window film

Lawrence Constantin is currently the Regional Manager for Solar Gard Europe, Middle East and Africa. Living in Belgium since 2006, Lawrence has been in the window film industry since 1989 and with Solar Gard since 2001.

Lawrence Constantin is delighted about this new challenge: “I am thrilled and honoured to have been appointed to this position. As the effects of global warming become increasingly apparent, using window film as an energy saving solution is gaining momentum. I can now use the experience I have built through years in the industry to help promote the importance of window film within the European Union.”

As Vice President of the EWFA board, Lawrence Constantin will aim to promote the acceptance of window films in Europe by addressing the following specific objectives:

* Positioning the interests of the window film industry with respect to European and national * decision making bodies, capitalising on opportunities arising out of EU policy developments and funding;

* Increasing awareness of the legislative inconsistencies concerning window films at European level and making it an issue of EU concern and action;

* Enhancing the image and increasing the recognition of window films among a range of audiences including UN-ECE (the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe), European and national decision makers, standards organisations, the EU media and European consumers; Seeking to provide appropriate standards bodies and other relevant organisations with key input Acting as a source of information and providing counsel with respect to window films or issues of industry concern.

Christophe Fremont, President of Bekaert Specialty Films, concludes: “I am proud that Lawrence has been voted and appointed Vice President of the EWFA board. He already held a board position as Treasurer for the last year-and-a-half. I am particularly happy with this new appointment as it again positions Bekaert Specialty Films as one of the leading companies within an industry that needs to step up and wake up to capture growth. I am sure that, at this level of representation, Lawrence will help lead our unified effort to professionalize the industry.”

Journalists who would like to schedule an interview with Lawrence Constantin can contact Duomedia Public Relations via maya.s@duomedia.com or call 0032 2 454 85 50.

Additional information about Solar Gard®’s benefits can be found online at http://www.solargard.co.uk.

About Solar Gard®

Bekaert Specialty Films LLC., http://www.bekaertfilms.com is a global leader in the development, manufacture and distribution of specialty films for use as solar control and safety window films and for industrial applications. Used for vehicles and buildings to keep out the sun’s heat, filter out ultraviolet radiation and hold glass together in the event of breakage, Bekaert Specialty Films delivers solutions for safety, security, glare, energy use and CO2 emission reduction. Distributed through a network of independent certified dealers and distributors in more than 60 countries, Bekaert’s window film is sold under the Solar Gard®, Panorama®, Quantum® and Armorcoat® brands. Bekaert Specialty Films also manufactures industrial films for the electronics, medical, graphic arts and imaging, automotive and aerospace industries. Bekaert Specialty Films LLC., is headquartered in San Diego, CA and is a subsidiary of the Bekaert group (Euronext Brussels: BEKB), a €3.4 billion, more than $5 billion, specialized technology company headquartered in Belgium.

Archived