LLumar ATC 08 Mustang

Guest misterd

Guest misterd

Hello all,

Have been reading many webpages regarding tinting. A tinting shop in my area uses LLumar ATC. I have an 08 mustang coupe and want to get the rear window and 2 side quarter windows tinted. I have a couple of questions for you experienced people out there:

1) Is this LLumar ATC installed on the outside or inside of the windows?

2) Are there any concerns about the rear window defrost grid?

I've read some threads here about ATC and I guess, with just about all tint jobs, one of the major concerns is the experience and techniques of the installer as to having it done right.

Thanks...........

1: inside.

2: Your only concern will be with night time defogger line distortion, as with any film, at night you will see light from following headlights bending around the defrosters. It's not that bad and depends on the car sometimes, but that's the only concern with the lines.

Here is a care sheet that explains many customer concerns about their new tint jobs:

http://www.tintdude.com/care.html

Guest misterd

Thanks for the info Tintdude. I thought all tint was installed inside until I seen some youtube vids of it being installed on the outside. I wonder what determines if its installed inside or out.

Thanks for the info Tintdude. I thought all tint was installed inside until I seen some youtube vids of it being installed on the outside. I wonder what determines if its installed inside or out.

What you saw was window film being heat formed on the outside to conform to the compound curvature of the window, or you saw window film being trimmed to size on the outside.

This is standard procedure for preparing the film to be installed on the inside.

Archived