Insurance for working at dealerships

Guest timeattack07gt

Guest timeattack07gt

Hey guys, I'm looking to get my foot in the door at a couple of potential dealerships and bodyshops in my area. I was just wondering if some type of insurance is required/mandatory when working at dealerships in case of any costly mishaps. Also, what else would be neccesary for getting an account at delerships besides a business liscense and other marketing tools, such as brochurers, pricing guide, etc. I just want to make sure I have everything together and everything I need before I approach them, just so I look more professional and trustworthy. Anywa, thanks for any help or suggestions!

Gotta have it.....I have.

2,000,000 Liability Insurance.

Each occurrence..1,000,000 Never had a claim in the 10 years owning my own business.

Commercial general..any auto...all owned autos...scheduled autos...hired autos..non-owned autos.

Garage liability and damage is 300,000. Personal injury is 1,000,000.....Products and combined single limit add up. I can never have enough insurance.

:shock

Guest Josh @ Proform

We have to have a 6 million dollar to work with our exotic accounts, mainly because we sometimes work in their shops and they feel non-employees could be a liability around all those lifts and high dollar cars.

6,000,000 is good. you guys must have several people working on several cars at the same time..... :beer

The most expensive cars I'v worked on were Lambos or maybe the Mercedes SLR...back when it was new and cost 500,000.

:lol2

Guest Bulldog
Hey guys, I'm looking to get my foot in the door at a couple of potential dealerships and bodyshops in my area. I was just wondering if some type of insurance is required/mandatory when working at dealerships in case of any costly mishaps. Also, what else would be neccesary for getting an account at delerships besides a business liscense and other marketing tools, such as brochurers, pricing guide, etc. I just want to make sure I have everything together and everything I need before I approach them, just so I look more professional and trustworthy. Anywa, thanks for any help or suggestions!

Talk to your auto insurance agent or a general liabilty guy. There is a thing called "garage keepers" coverage. Should handle what you need.

Be sure to discuss with your insurance agent (and I would recommend going to one, not online or Geico type) what you are working on, types and values of vehicles. Your insurance has to cover damage to the vehicles, liabilty on all sorts of bodily damage should someone get injured in your work area, and so on. A good agent should give you the proper policy. I have never had a claim, but carry a 6 Million dollar umbrella, which is required to work on some properties.

Archived