What would you do???

http://tinyurl.com/68c73e

Olympic swimmer Shanteau has testicular cancer

One week before trials he found out he has cancer.... he made the team, and has decided to go to the Olympics and compete, and then deal with the cancer when finished. During the games, he will have regular CT scans and blood work and if anything looks like its getting worse he'll stop.

---

That's the short of it...

I have no idea how fast testicular cancer can spread.... if it doesn't really spread fast, I'm not sure I wouldn't be doing the same thing. I know how serious cancer is... my sister died from it, and I had melanoma removed back in May... (hopefully it didn't spread) But working so long and hard for something.... to not be able to reach that goal... I dunno.

He's 24... I don't know how old swimmers are in the games... but he would be 28 before he'd have the chance to be in the games again, and that just seems rather old.

I give him props... if for nothing else, I can imagine how hard it is for him to keep his mind and heart in swimming while having such a serious problem to deal with. Hopefully he will do great in the games. :beer

-R

Guest mrpain
I say go for it... I would do the same thing. You only live once and if thats his dream to win that metal well go for it :thumb

do it to it , represent ...................

id do it

Archived