TAil light tint

Guest whiskMN

Guest whiskMN

I work at a dodge dealership and have been seeing more and more charges come in with the headlights and tail lights tinded. now to me it looks like it has been painted on with at tranparent paint. I can find the little can at a loc hobby shop but what im wondering is where do the shop get it from and what all is involed when doing such a task. any info would help.

Guest darkdan

It can be either.

Some spray'em and some use a film. The sprayed ones look like crap (dull) unless clear coated.

Also, paint isn't easily removed after they get a ticket or in an accident. The film is. But the film is harder to do on most taillights.

Guest whiskMN

when using the film kind of tint on tail lights it has to be a different kind of tint right for corners ? im guessing that you would put a big enough peace over the light and cut extra off when done not caring really about the corners due to the fact that most the time there hiden by the fender or bumper?

Guest rondy_
its only dull cause its not been sanded. I have done a few. you paint then sand then sand then wet sand then polish then wax and looks stock with a lil shade, keeps it safe and looks better than everybodys stock ones :spit

ok you wetsand it, then apply the clear coat to make it look shiny. after clear coat you have to buff it out

if you dont want the clear coat you should sand it anyway. it would look flat black but good.

Archived