wet application

Guest thevinylqueens

Guest thevinylqueens

Question..We are currently using the dry method. Can we use the same vinyl to produce a wet method? I read somewhere you can use 1 cup water and a drop of dish soap (dawn, ivory, etc...), spray the surface, apply, smooth out bubbles, etc... then spray the application tape to help remove it. Is this true????

Thanks, Jeri

I'm a tinter but I have always used my slip solution for tinting to apply vinyl graphics on my car and business. I position and tape the logo in place. Then I spray my slip solution, apply, smooth out bubbles and just wait a few minutes for it to dry a bit. After it has dried a bit I remove the backing. Works great and no bubbles ever :gasp

That part I cant confirm for certain because the vinyl graphics are made by my cousin but as far as I now it's just regular vinyl. I have also done it for friends who purchase the graphics from various sources and never had an issue. :gasp

Yes is the answer. No special vinyl required, except some cheaper ones I believe may have water soluble adhesive.

You can use regular slip solution water with a bit of baby shampoo to apply vinyl. Some people add a dash of meths as well.

It certainly helps to reduce bubbles in the vinyl, but the down side is it takes a while before the vinyl sticks and if you try to remove the application tape too early or quickly it can lift the vinyl. That is why some use a bought application fluid such as Rapid Tak. But again if you dont wait it can lift. It seems most experienced vinyl fitters always do it dry and can get bubble free installs without fluid which is quicker as the vinyl sticks straight away. Try both, practise lots and make a choice.

I do most dry but still use some fluid on large graphics.

Archived