Got another BIG ONe one the line

Checked out my email this am and seen I had an Online quote from filled out. Turns out to be a commercial building needing 92 windows (50" x 45") windows done in solar film. I just about spit out my chereos....That comes out to about 1437.5 SQFT. I am going out there this afternoon to put my bid in. It seems lately I have been bidding against the same two companies in my area and I have been getting the jobs over them each time. It's not that my pricing is super low, cause the custys are always willing to show you the previous guys quote. My pricing is right in the ballpark with the traditional films but none of the other guys offer a ceramic line and that is what the customer usually wants, even if it is more expensive. Wish me luck my brothern.

Nah, At least I dont. Most of the time you are bidding against other companies who are willing to NOT charge extra for the small stuff. I usually go down a small bit per sqft price on larger commercial jobs just because of the total sqft. He is willing to let me do the install after hours if I wanted to so I wouldnt be running into the workers.

A nice one for sure! Looks like the windows are all the same size, you will be able to bang that out no prob. I'm doing 1400 sq ft. at a library and it sucks because there are a bunch of different sizes, takes awhile to cut the film. Good luck!

A nice one for sure! Looks like the windows are all the same size, you will be able to bang that out no prob. I'm doing 1400 sq ft. at a library and it sucks because there are a bunch of different sizes, takes awhile to cut the film. Good luck!

Yeah its nice to have them all the same size. I wont be that lucky next week when I am doing a 700sqft R&R. I hate it when two offices share one window and you arent able to slide the film in behind the partition wall.

Archived