even harder than i expected

Guest sololalo

Guest sololalo

:beer

HI FIRST OF ALL MUCH RESPECT TO ALL YOU TINTER THAT HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR YRS.

:lol2

IM PRETTY NEW TO THIS IVE TINTED MY CAR JUST FOR THE FUN OF IT (GILA) CHEAP AND VERY EASY TO SHRINK.

THEN SOMN' GAVE ME THE IDEA OF DOING IT FOR A LIVING; SO THERE I WENT CONTACTED LLUMAR AND THEIR REP WAS GOING TO CONTACT ME, AND HE NEVER DID, THEN I WENT TO GLOBAL AND ODERED HP CH. GREAT CUST. SERV.

DID THE ROLL DOWN WINDOWS OF MY CAR (ACCORD 01 SEDAN) NO PROB. I LOVED THE QUALITY OF THE FILM ONCED FINISHED SO I MOVE ON TO THE REAR....... THEN........ :lol2 .............. :dunno ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE IVE BEEN WOORKING ON IT FOR A LITTLE OVER A MONTH. IVE EVEN TRIDE THE TWO PEICE m*th.

DRYER SHEET m*th.

SOAP m*th.

AND WATER m*th. YEP I DO THE ANCHOR AS WELL.

NOW MY PROBLEMS ARE THAT THERE ARE SOME FINGERS THAT INSTEAD OF REACTING TO THE HEAT AND START SIZZERING THEY JUST GET THINER AND TIGHTERAND START RUNNING EITHER DOWN OR UP LIKE THE DAMN NILE RIVER.

SO I PULL UP THE FILM AND WET IT AGAIN THEN I GET NEW FINGERS MUCH EASYER TO SHRINK BUT WHEN I GET TO THE END I GET THESE WIERD ASS SMALLER FINGERS BUT THEY LOOK AS IF THE FILM HAD BEEN OVER SHRUNK. IM GOING TO GIVE IT A TRY LATER THIS AFTERNOON I'LL TRY TO TAKE PICS. SO YOU GUYS CAN SEE WHAT I MEAN.

THANKS A LOT

Guest Sunlimited

The fingers could just be too large for you to deal with right now. As you gain experience you can deal with larger fingers especially on the back glass. What you can try to do is just heat the top or bottom of the finger ( depending on top or bottom of the window) just an inch or inch and a half, then split the finger in half. Two smaller fingers are easier to shrink than one large. But keep practicing it all comes with time...good luck

Guest Beeline

shrink the right way and andge the heat gun so it doesn't have direct heat. try to make all the fingers as close to the same size if possible before you start to shrink.

Guest sololalo

sweat!!!!!! :thumb thanx I'll keep practicing. and do as you say call the dudes from suntek, angel my heat gun (cause I really place it downward), split fingers in two, make all finger as close, and about the pull method that :bingo is crazy I tried it and made a hole in it :thumb (didnt know how long to pull it nor how close to apply heat to it).

Guest andrethiago
sweat!!!!!! :flip thanx I'll keep practicing. and do as you say call the dudes from suntek, angel my heat gun (cause I really place it downward), split fingers in two, make all finger as close, and about the pull method that :thumb is crazy I tried it and made a hole in it :flip (didnt know how long to pull it nor how close to apply heat to it).

I would not recomend the pull method on a Accord,in my opinion pull method(dont get the heat gun too close to the film,or you will toast it, nor use high heat) works for more roundish rears. In your situation, dry shrink it, keep on spliting those fingers, as a statrteri used to shrink it slowly, if your heat gun has heat adjustment, use lower or medium heat, if you shrink it slowly it leaves less room for error, also its best like that because your not using a very good film. If dry is difficult for you, do the samething, but wet it.

good luck my friend! and keep on trying :thumb

Archived