Recommendation on Tint Shade/Tone

Guest JM17

Hello,

I just bought an 08 Honda Accord in "Basque Red Pearl," which is pretty much a dark metallic maroon color and was looking to get tints for it. I was wondering if anyone would recommend what tint color or shade would go nice with this color; I have no experience with tints and could use a little help.

Some people have told me that a light bronze tint would look good; others say that a a dark black would not look nice; but this is coming from people that have as little experience as me and I was looking for some proffesional advice.

Thanks in advance for any feedback

JB

Guest Sunlimited

Where are you from JB, a dark black more than likely wont be legal, and a bronze on a "dark metallic maroon" I dont know about, but most bronze films are metallic which you may want to avoid. A charcoal, nano, or ceramic film may be a better application for you...

I'm in Miami Florida, I believe the darkest I can go is 28%

Thanks sunlimitedCT I'll look into those, btw why should I avoid metallic tints?

Thanks again

JB

Guest Sunlimited

Check out Dryshrinker, he's on here, I'm in Boynton, but a metallic film may give you some radio interference, usually just am on a honda, if you have a navigation package you may have a problem there as well..You can go 28 on the front and 15 on the rear, but keep it classy, a nice 35 on the sides of the vehicle and 20 on the back glass :rollin

Dryshrinker operates in North Miami, a bit far for me, as for the the AM interference.. I dont mind, never really listen to AM. Thanks for the info though, 35 on the sides and 20 on the back sounds good

Anyonelse out there willing to share their opinion?

Dryshrinker operates in North Miami, a bit far for me, as for the the AM interference.. I dont mind, never really listen to AM. Thanks for the info though, 35 on the sides and 20 on the back sounds good

Anyonelse out there willing to share their opinion?

drive down to see dryshrinker.

Guest darkdan

LOL!

"far"

Those of us from the midwest laugh.

How do you know when someone is from the midwest? When they say it's 60 minutes away, they mean it's 75 miles away. LOL.

Guest Mo Evo

I work for 3 Honda dealers, so I've done your color with tan interior many times. The last one I did the customer wanted 5% limo on the back and 55% for the fronts. The car also had the rear spoiler and black chrome wheels and looked VERY nice with that film choice. The lighter tan interior has a big effect on how dark any film will actually 'look'. Bronze? Probably not a good idea. Most are metal and the color doesn't hold up over time. Just my 2 cents!!

Guest Crackz

20%bronze rear glass and 35%bronze on the side will look good with the red outside and tan inside also in the regular type of tint I think the global qdp with look great the same shades

Archived