Do you get pissed off with the job at times?!

Guest shadowline

Guest shadowline

As title. Had a job in today Mazda Bongo, no problems done a few of those. Guy turns up after his mum had booked the car in on the phone?( and asked why the price had increased by £20 to which I replied you got the quote 6 months ago the prices have increased!!) All conversation was by 3rd party via his mum which I thought was odd! Anyway the bus turned up today, he wanted a dark tint so I installed Solargard supreme 8 on the rear screen and the 4 rear side windows which were removed (all bar one which had a broken catch) When he turns up to collect the first thing he said was "that looks much better" then "I thought it would be darker than that" ? Supreme 8 was installed? I explained that as the vehicle has a big windscreen and 2 front windows un tinted that will let light through which from certain angles make the film look lighter, and from certain angles its darker, normal stuff. Also told him that the 4 side windows had been screwed back in on the fixings but not too tight as the film was still quite fresh as he wanted it back ASAP. So he was told too tighten up the screws in a day or two. Anyway get a call later on my mobile voicemail from this guys mum! "hes not happy with the tint its not Limo black, hes been to Halfords and Margams stores (local motor factor) who told him its not Limo black and ive put the wrong film on, and that I havent tightened the side windows up and 2 NEARLY fell out (Yeh right) and he wants his money back" I dont like the fact being told by spotty kids at Halfords that ive put the wrong tint on, I hate the word LIMO black, I rang back to tell him I installed the darkest supreme tint that they do which is warrantied for life and not some %&$# from Halfords that will fade to which he replied he dosent care as long as its dark!! His mobile line dropped out shortly after and I tried to call twice but could not get through. Im not going to give this guy a refund ive put the film in that he wanted just because he has thoughts on LIMO film or what its should look like is beyond me. Im feeling pretty pissed off at the moment :poke

Guest shadowline

Just got a text from his mum! Which I rang back shes saying that hes not happy its the wrong tint hes tinted cars in the past as its not what it should be? I told her to tell him to come down tomorrow to sort it out. Im tempted to rip the tint off and tell him to p1ss off but them im out of pocket. Or put a 2nd layer of tint over and charge him for that. Hes already said hes going to trading standards if its not sorted!! What that I put on the darkest tint I could and hes not happy? I hate wankers like this, sorry really pissed off at the moment......

Im tempted to rip the tint off and tell him to p1ss off but them im out of pocket.

Sometimes that's the best thing you can do, if you give in now, they will just keep finding something else and you will be out of pocket even more. Cut your losses now and send them down the road.

Guest walestint

fk!

im getting annoyed reading this!

hes a fkin numpty by the sounds of it,

your paperwork on your film should prove it, get a sample attached to an A4 print out of the tints spec and give it to him - THIS IS WHAT IS INSTALLED NERD

if he can prove otherwise, which he cant ...

what vlt is the super 8? (guessing 8?)

And for them to say youve installed the wrong film - who is the fkin expert? not them for sure

They just dont understand the light inglfuneces thru the front screen

Dont give em money back, dont double tint it, dont spend time taking it off, tell the kid to come round and see you if hes got a problem - and to bring his dad!! :poke

as long as you know what you applied is right thats all the matters

GRRRRRRRRRRRR

I'm guessing your "trading standards" is like our better business bureau or chamber of commerce. Let the nut go there and complain, when they ask you to tell your side of it, just explain it like you did here, except make it a little more nice. They should tell them two to p1ss off. You gave them what they wanted. It sounds like they are pissed off about the 20, and are trying to make things hard for you. He probably found someone who has a film a few % darker than what you installed, cheaper, and now wants his money back so he can take it there to be tinted.

On a side note, where are all of those on here who say dont send them down the road, and do whatever it takes to make them happy :poke

Guest shadowline
fk!

im getting annoyed reading this!

hes a fkin numpty by the sounds of it,

your paperwork on your film should prove it, get a sample attached to an A4 print out of the tints spec and give it to him - THIS IS WHAT IS INSTALLED NERD

if he can prove otherwise, which he cant ...

what vlt is the super 8? (guessing 8?)

And for them to say youve installed the wrong film - who is the fkin expert? not them for sure

They just dont understand the light inglfuneces thru the front screen

Dont give em money back, dont double tint it, dont spend time taking it off, tell the kid to come round and see you if hes got a problem - and to bring his dad!! :spit

as long as you know what you applied is right thats all the matters

GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Cheers Wales!! The VLT of the supreme 8 is "5" so its a dark film for sure. Did a job first thing in the unit today then the 2nd job was a now show, no reason, no reply on the phone, so I deceided to call it a day and go home to watch the F1. No sign of the guy with the Bongo I left the unit at one. I sent him a txt to say I wouldnt be there this afternoon to save him a wasted trip down. No reply as yet, im waiting for his mum to ring me up again. I will let you know the outcome when I see this guy next!

Guest walestint

on the other hand ....

is his mum a looker :spit

And if its 5% youve got no worries

and if she phones again say you wanna speak to the 'organ grinder, not the monkey' :spit

Guest naughtydog

Tell this arsehole to suck ass!

If you call and ask me for a dark film I put ATR 15% titanium on, so I would have real problems with this guy!!

If you call any tint company and ask for limo film you would get 5%, well, all the tinters I know would provide this. Obviuosly I question the customer abd sell to there needs but by a 3rd party this can get mixed up.

Tell him you gave what they requested, Tell him to call a random selection of tinters and see what replies he gets.

You have done nothing wrong...stand by your actions.

Offer an explination that if he wants more privacy, he can install a blackout cloth behind the front seats. This will give him the privacy he wants.

Trading Standards will not be interested in this...he will be seen as a time waster.

Archived