Application Tape!??

Guest BHGraphix

Guest BHGraphix

Ok, when I bought my plotted and most of my vinyl I bought applicationt ape, its a off brand cheap application tape. When I put it on the graphic after its been cut the tape does not stick to the graphic backing, all of the edges curl up no matter what I do. It sticks to the graphic fine, but the edges peel up so bad it sticks to anything it touches and that makes shipping graphics very difficult.

This is obviously because its a low-tac cheap application tape right? So does anyone have a good brand applicationt ape they recoomend? I've got a large order of 100 graphics coming up soon that I need to produce and ship and I woudl like to make sure they are perfect for the customer.

Thanks!

We run into that a lot... Call your distributor and tell them what's going on and they will help point you in the right direction...

It's not a matter of high/low tack.. it's just the tape 'curl'n' ..... We use a R-Tape conform that works well for us..

We like higher tak tape for smaller graphics and low tack for larger (4' tall+) graphics.. :olfa

Guest Dartman

Just my two cents worth.

I use to have that problem all the time, so I started to make a boarder around all my decals until I am ready to apply and then I would just cut them off or just remove it after I apply.

Hope that helps a bit.

Dartman Aka Mralotof

Ok, when I bought my plotted and most of my vinyl I bought applicationt ape, its a off brand cheap application tape. When I put it on the graphic after its been cut the tape does not stick to the graphic backing, all of the edges curl up no matter what I do. It sticks to the graphic fine, but the edges peel up so bad it sticks to anything it touches and that makes shipping graphics very difficult.

This is obviously because its a low-tac cheap application tape right? So does anyone have a good brand applicationt ape they recoomend? I've got a large order of 100 graphics coming up soon that I need to produce and ship and I woudl like to make sure they are perfect for the customer.

Thanks!

Guest e30cabrio

I usually use Main Tape PerfecTear

when I purchased some off brand tape from the scrap heap at my local supply store, the tape did exactly what you described.

So stick to name brand app tapes and you shouldn't have the problem.

Archived