Back Glass

Guest kmzeidler

Guest kmzeidler

I just starting doing tint and I got roll ups and 1/4's with out any problems really. But I have tried back glass 3 times so far on a 1995 civic, and like 80 something corolla which I thought would be easier. I am using llumar at film because that's all I can get right now. I have tried with slip and doing the soap method. I must be missing like a critical step or something because it never works out. Creases, gets too hot on the edges, can never get all the fingers out and with the soap it wouldn't stick.

How do I move around the fingers so the will all shrink out it seems like they all get focused into like 3 or 4 big areas and ends up crinkling there cuz I can't get it shrunk correctly.

I searched the board but didn't find much. Just looking for a little guidance.

zeidler

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kmzeidler

Do you guys know how much you wasted before being able to do it. I have tried 3 times so far and it annoys the hell out of me because roll ups and flat glass are so easy yet back glass sucks. I watched the youtube videos so I'll give a few more tries when I can order up a roll of film so im not paying double and triple the price for film.

I wasted alot of film. My advice to you is...take your time, use your hands(no tools)....shape with your hands...feel the film. Use low heat. Use a tool to flatten out the film inch by inch.

take your time.

:drevil

Guest kmzeidler
I wasted alot of film. My advice to you is...take your time, use your hands(no tools)....shape with your hands...feel the film. Use low heat. Use a tool to flatten out the film inch by inch.

take your time.

:drevil

THank you I think thats what I am going to try with my hand instead of a tool. And the 2nd time I tried it last night it was getting better. Using the soap method can I just lather up a towel with soap wipe it on the window then put the film on right after?

And I see some people stretch the film, I just cut it to the size it needs to be then shrink it. Should I leave excess to cut off after its shrunk?

Archived