dust

Guest grv

I been tinting in hawaii for over ten years I been having this problem lately I tuck the rubber in roll up window so I do half liner pull everything is clean new car etc. after applying the top half then roll up window to do bottom there is a line of dust.Any suggestions.

20 years installing tint & your asking about contamination ? :thumb

But I'll still give you a tip with my 9 years, after you install film on top half of window roll it up, then tuck your seal (if you must) with a card then squeege the bottom, spray & stick ! goodluck

welcome to the forum dude, change your exp.

Guest willie

Your either not pulling the bottom back up far enough to wash down or your sprayng up instead of flushing.

try pulling the bottom up a little further and make sure you flush the all the water down.

Good luck

Your either not pulling the bottom back up far enough to wash down or your sprayng up instead of flushing.

try pulling the bottom up a little further and make sure you flush the all the water down.

Good luck

:thumb

Guest tintmanlibby
I been tinting in hawaii for over ten years I been having this problem lately I tuck the rubber in roll up window so I do half liner pull everything is clean new car etc. after applying the top half then roll up window to do bottom there is a line of dust.Any suggestions.

check your film it maybe pre contaminated .ive had a similar problem with advantage film ,I recieved a sample box from them come to find out the film had %&$# in it from the factory ,check with ron from madico in florida very nolagible (sorry about spell )

Guest tintmanlibby

Thi is becoming a great problem for many of us in the industry. Film manufacturers who we become entrenched with who go under or jack up prices so high our profits tank. The thing to be careful of is using ultra-cheap films, since many will be gone fast, or offer no warranty. The New York city area has seen some of this, with a plain box film that is inexpenxive, but offers no warranty whatsoever. Yes it is great to have a low cost for product, but, when and if it fails, the shops reputation goes under. As for Solar Gard, I have used their films from time to time, but have a great issue with pricing. When I ask for pricing info, they have no sheet, and forward me to a sales rep who proceeds to tell me that the pricing fluctuates. (this on the same film, same size) I would hope that they come to realize the errors in their ways before they end up like so many others, out of business and sold to someone else. Good luck to all who use the films in question.

Good luck

+1...that one of the best tips I've learned to avoid contamination. I don't do it on newer, cleaner ones though.

What is probably happening is on the top section of the film you are pushing the water out all the way to the sides...This launches water into the seal and washes contamination dow the seal and it follows your transition point into the middle of the glass.. .. :hmmm Stop your squegee about and inch and a half from the left and right edges of the window. After you roll the glass up, flush, and install... the last thing you will do I push that remaning liquid to the side and down with 1 stroke. No contamination washing any more.. :hmmm

I almost always ended up with that line when I left the liner on.....only did it for a couple months and then I learned to do it with out leaving the liner on......now I pop the top of door panels back or simply pull out the sweep on most cars.....if not the I just tuck and slide it....

even if you can't do any of those then it is like 30 seconds to pull most door panels.....

Archived