SOME PEOPLE

Guest filmslayer

Guest filmslayer

check this out ! I tinted my landlords 71 charger tubbed w/roll cage ,told him before hand it's going to cost him 3to3.5 cause I had to remove all but roll downs and he wanted 05%(strip car).Took a day and a half and did near flawless job. Now the frickin a$$hole only wants to pay $90. Itold him that bearly covers cost of tint.He say's thats all he should have to pay seeing how I work out of his building.If it hadn't took so long to do and look so good I'd rip the film off!!! still might!! Sorry I'm ranting here but I need to vent insted of doing what I realy want!! :hmmm:thumb:hmmm:lol2 think I'm going to get :hmmm !@!!!!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest filmslayer

well lets see, my rents already paid through next month ,I told him this morning he's not getting keys until paid in full.I'm look into mech. lien,I think FL law allows for that.Unfortunatly he knows how slow this years been and draging this out is going to hurt me way more than him ,Im struggling already.Might just have to pact my s#&@ and go were the good lord takes me! :thumb

Guest Texstar
problem is ,I could realy use the $$$$$$

I would take it off then rent then if you cant collect it from him. That way you actually recoup it when you dont come out of your pocket with all the rent money.

Now what happens after that could get ugly :thumb

He has you over a barrel, my friend. The truth is, you cannot put a mechanics lien on a vehicle because you have no evidence to bring into the equation. If you had a purchase order or a signed agreement for the work, you might have had a chance in small claims court. But right now it's a 'he said, she said' situation. And, since he is your landlord and you are operating a business out of his property that is probably not listed on your lease, he has you again. If you are indeed operating your small business out of his residential property, and possibly do not have the proper licensing, insurance, zoning, etc., my recommendation to you is this:

He has all the cards in this situation. If the information I put down is true, he could shut you down with one phonae call and knows it. Take the $90 as proof of a lesson learned. Pack your stuff, don't pay the nexts months rent(if you're operating without a lease) and stay there into the next month. Hold out on the rent, tell him you are waiting for payments, and stay until he you are ready to leave. Then, when you move out, inform him that you are not paying the rent, and what he lost in rent more than covers what you lost on his tint job. You are out the money for the tint, but HE is out that months rent, plus subsequent months of rent until he can find a new tennant.

In the long run, he loses more, from possibly more than one months rent lost. you don't have a legal leg to stand on, since you have no proof of installation nor the right to operate your business there, but you can get your money, just not in cash.

Guest tinterbabe
He has you over a barrel, my friend. The truth is, you cannot put a mechanics lien on a vehicle because you have no evidence to bring into the equation. If you had a purchase order or a signed agreement for the work, you might have had a chance in small claims court. But right now it's a 'he said, she said' situation. And, since he is your landlord and you are operating a business out of his property that is probably not listed on your lease, he has you again. If you are indeed operating your small business out of his residential property, and possibly do not have the proper licensing, insurance, zoning, etc., my recommendation to you is this:

He has all the cards in this situation. If the information I put down is true, he could shut you down with one phonae call and knows it. Take the $90 as proof of a lesson learned. Pack your stuff, don't pay the nexts months rent(if you're operating without a lease) and stay there into the next month. Hold out on the rent, tell him you are waiting for payments, and stay until he you are ready to leave. Then, when you move out, inform him that you are not paying the rent, and what he lost in rent more than covers what you lost on his tint job. You are out the money for the tint, but HE is out that months rent, plus subsequent months of rent until he can find a new tennant.

In the long run, he loses more, from possibly more than one months rent lost. you don't have a legal leg to stand on, since you have no proof of installation nor the right to operate your business there, but you can get your money, just not in cash.

I thought his post said building. Is he operating out of a residence :thumb And if he is in a building that is commercial property why would he want to risk losing that location?

I think we need a little more info before posting solutions

Archived