Are Quad Cab Trucks MPV's?

Guest hometheaterman

Guest hometheaterman

Just wondering if 4wd quad cab or extended cab with the half back doors or whatever you want to call it trucks would be considered as a MPV? I know the charts usually say pickup trucks aren't considered MPV's however when I read about a MPV it says 6 or more seatbelts which these have or can be a multi purpose like a offroad vehicle. Thats what I read although not sure where I saw that. I've been told both ways so are these MPV's or are they considered as cars and follow by those laws?

Guest hometheaterman

He didn't say anything about the rear windows just the front two being too dark and the tint says front tint. That's why I'm asking I kind of thought it was but honestly it meets several of the requirements for MPV's and him not saying anything about the rear windows makes me wondering. That's why I got to wondering about this. No one seems to be able to give me a solid answer and each shop tells me something different. I can't find a law either way stating if a quad cab truck is a MPV or not. I'm thinking the charts saying trucks aren't are more than likely saying regular cab trucks with 2-3 seatbelts.

OMG!!!!

Trucks are NOT cars...

It's really easy, if it's a truck it isn't governed by the same laws as a car....

As far as it being an MPV... :thumb

But to the best of my knowledge, a truck can be as dark as you want, from the B pillars back, in any state....

(Which EVERYONE should list in their friggin profile.!!!) :lol2

Only the driver and passenger front windows have to be within the legal limit....

Guest hometheaterman
look at the frickin' birth plate on the door jam. it'll say passenger or MPV. and trucks all say MPV. :evileye

I looked at mine a while back and maybe I'm looking in the wrong place but mine said Truck on the sticker if I looked in the right place. That's why I was confused.

Thanks for clearing it up guys.

Archived