how to apply tint flame graphic to tint

Guest solarworkscumming

Guest solarworkscumming
:rollin beginner question: I cut a flame graphic in red tint and want to overlay a silver tint outline flame graphic and 35% on top of that? what is the process?

Guest southerncustoms

I have done custom tint graffics by hand for years...generally layering a color, cutting out the design, weeding away the unwanted material...then adding the next layer the same, avoiding cutting the first layer or lifting it up when weeding that layer off. My understanding with a plotter (which I recently purchased myself) applies the same...if I can help let me know, im looking for help with my plotter myself!

First off you have to cut the flames backwards. Take the window pattern, remove the relaes liner partly, put the colored flames on the exposed window pattern. Remove the patterns release liner, spray with soapy solution, lay the window pattern release liner back down over both. Squeegee over everything. Peel back the release liner again, place the next flame pattern on top of the first one, remove its liner and lay down the window pattern release liner and Squeegee. Clean window and install. The flames and 35% tinting are all one pattern now. :hmmm:dunno

First off you have to cut the flames backwards. Take the window pattern, remove the relaes liner partly, put the colored flames on the exposed window pattern. Remove the patterns release liner, spray with soapy solution, lay the window pattern release liner back down over both. Squeegee over everything. Peel back the release liner again, place the next flame pattern on top of the first one, remove its liner and lay down the window pattern release liner and Squeegee. Clean window and install. The flames and 35% tinting are all one pattern now. :hmmm:dunno

Check out my website for a sampling of what we have done using this method.

Guest southerncustoms

Got ur message, but we can't private message yet...Grrr! Lol! Anyways we have done free hand tint graphics for years & layed alot of vinyl, but have not worked with a plotter...so perhaps we can help each other out? U can check out some of our work at www.scustoms.com

Thanks again, Chris

Guest GDK Electronics

What are you guys and gals doing for complex graphics in the tint? I've been using my plotter to cut everything out and inlay it, but it takes forever and alignment is a pain. Then I have to cover it all with another layer of tint. Is this the "usual" way to do complex graphics, or am I missing something? I just can't envision 3-4 layers of tint in a graphic without a huge white ring around it. LOL

Archived