How to tell apart 3m film from others?

Guest unclemat

Guest unclemat

Hello... I am going to have car clear bra'ed. How to tell apart 3m clear bra film from others? I saw some rolls of film the guy I may end using had - the paper backing had no 3m logos, anything. I am wondering if scotchguard actually comes with something printed on the paper, perhaps not. The issue is I am not able to really screen the installer, hence I am not sure I can trust him. Of course the proper installation is far more important than the film, although I'd like to get what I am being told I will... thanks!

(note, I realize not everyone considers 3m film the best)

Guest darkdan

If the receipt and warranty card say 3M then I guess it's blind faith.

When in doubt, tell us where you are and maybe someone on the board can do it with a quality product and a quality install.

Guest unclemat
If the receipt and warranty card say 3M then I guess it's blind faith.

When in doubt, tell us where you are and maybe someone on the board can do it with a quality product and a quality install.

I am in Boston. I have 05 Legacy GT with a (brand new) "aftermarket" bumper (well, stock in Japanese version of the car). I had difficulty finding someone who can do bulk/custom work on it (and not charging arm and leg). I know you get what you pay for... but there are limits.

It looks like I am going thru some guys who work with a local tint shop (Solar Solutions in Bedford, MA). I do not have any reasons to not trust these folks, but I do not know them, neither saw their work, so it's kinda crap shot. I was told these guys work for e.g. Herb Chambers BMW dealer.

I am sure could use recommendations/offers to help.

Hello... I am going to have car clear bra'ed. How to tell apart 3m clear bra film from others? I saw some rolls of film the guy I may end using had - the paper backing had no 3m logos, anything. I am wondering if scotchguard actually comes with something printed on the paper, perhaps not. The issue is I am not able to really screen the installer, hence I am not sure I can trust him. Of course the proper installation is far more important than the film, although I'd like to get what I am being told I will... thanks!

(note, I realize not everyone considers 3m film the best)

Scotchgard has the 3M logo printed on the backing sheet.

If in any doubt askt to see the Components prior to install, no LOGO then it aint 3M

Hth

Cheers

Guest unclemat
Scotchgard has the 3M logo printed on the backing sheet.

If in any doubt askt to see the Components prior to install, no LOGO then it aint 3M

I saw the film and there is nothing on the backing sheet :thumb

I vaguely remembered reading that 3M should have something printed there that's why it raised my suspicion...

Archived