Ceramic Window Films

Guest Hucklebuck137

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The ceramic film is not reflective nor is it non-reflective.  It basically has the reflective quality like the glass itself with very good optical clarity.  It is guaranteed not to fade or change colors and it will not interfer with radar, GPS, Satellite radio, am/fm reception or cell phone signals. Very expensive film but for those who want something that reduces alot of heat without the shiney look or interference, this is the answer. 

Hope we're on the same tram Lite because my Huper Optik Stark ceramic 30 auto film is totally different to what you describe.

1. It is very shiny and you have to be blind not to see that in any light.

2. It definately affects AM radio big time if the antenna is in the back glass.

The Sech 60 might be a better look more like V-Kool and is their top performer.

The Stark is better than any given normal metal film regardless of manufacturer when comparing equal VLT's.

Forget heat shrinking......it's a dog.

Devil

Guest Litespeeds

Hey Devil,

Look at the picture of the G35 coupe above and if you think that is reflective, then I guess we are talking about different things. I will attach a picture of a Mercedes S-Class with Suntek Infinity OP which I think is reflective on an overcast day but not too reflective on a sunny day.

Maybe you got some different Ceramic 30% film from Huper Optik. Not sure if they sell exactly the same stuff in the US as overseas. You're down under right?

Guest Litespeeds

Close up of the G-35 coupe with Huper Optik ceramic 30% rear, 40% rear quarters and 50% fronts. Has a slight bit of shine but it looks very similar to the same reflection as the glass without window film.

Guest Litespeeds

Here is a picture of a M5 with Suntek HP Charcoal 30% rear and 35% all sides. This is a hybrid non-reflective film.

All 3 pictures were taken on an OVERCAST day so if the film is reflective, it will definitely reflect the white clouds.

Guest Litespeeds
Litespeeds -

I know that you always are metering your film and was wondering if you could check on a rumor.  A guy I tinted with before told me that he checked his latest shipment of Huper and that the Heat rejection was much lower than it used to be.  He heard they were having the film converted by someone else because of all the Southwall issues.

They are working on coming out with a one ply ceramic film but that looks alot more shinier than the original stuff. I tested it on an M5 window and noticed it to be just a little less heat rejecting than the original. Probably alot easier to shrink but I think the look will not be what people want for autos. I also tried a 3 ply 40% ceramic film and was really surprised that it shrank a little easier than the original 40%. Don't know if they are going to be using these new films in the future or not but it seems that most of my customer's want the original ceramic film.

I haven't ordered any new rolls yet but when I do, I will do a light and heat test on them to see if there is a noticeable difference.

Guest TheWorm

That G35c is HOT! (it's mine)

I haven't noticed any degradation of AM/FM reception since Litespeed's install. Hell, that's one of the reasons I went with the Huper (won't jack radio reception, nav, radar detector, cell, or sat radio). The other reason being the reported clarity that other customers commented on.

IMO the reflectiveness is pretty much the same as the factory glass (assuming it's clean, of course); *maybe* just a hair more. And I actually think it *might* appear just a wee bit more reflective after the tint's applied because the inside is now darker than it was -- so you get reflection of whatever's on the light(er) side of the glass (outside). I don't think it's really a function of the tint itself. IMO as an asshat owner and not a tint pro, of course.

BTW Litespeeds, that rainbow under the flourescents isn't there anymore; I imagine it was from the wet solution/adhesive.

The sides are dry and look great. As you know, there hasn't been a lot of sun nor heat since the install, so the back glass is still a little hazy/blurry; getting better by the day, though. I'm sure :uh in another week or so.

Curious: why does the back glass take longer to dry/cure than the sides? Defrost lines, or b/c you use more solution and heatshrink?

Guest Litespeeds

I figured if you were checking out this forum that you will eventually find your car posted up here. The reason why the back has not dried yet is because it is alot harder for me to squeegee the water away, especially as the window is so sloped that reaching towards the bottom is very difficult to get leverage. Just try and park it out in the sun whenever possible. It will definitely dry sooner or later, in your case, later. :uh

Sometimes pictures are very decieving because a tint job looks different under different lighting conditions and different angles of viewing. The bottom line is if you are a satisfied customer, then I know I have accomplished my job. Please keep me posted in a week or so to see how everything is. Hope you and your loved ones have a wonderful Thanksgiving. :uh

Archived