97 corolla rear window - how do you install?!

Guest randomdude

Guest randomdude

Hi - had my drivers side rear door main glass smashed while I was away over the weekend. Picked up new (chinese) glass and have the door apart and ready to replace but can't figure out how the glass goes in.

Should it go in straight down from outside? Any insight on steps to insert it into the door eagerly anticipated - and if there is anything I missed that should be removed beforehand.

My problem is that when I attempt to put the glass in square with the door from the outside - which seems to be the way to do it, there's nothing in my Haynes manual - I don't want to force it down in case I break it. Seems to be a really tight fit. It's the left and right sides that are the width issue. Once I get the glass in I just need to glue the base winder channel to it and the job's done.

The Glass is wider than the opening horizontally though, because it fits in the vertical channels on either side. On other cars you generally put in at an angle and rotate, but there's no way I can see to do this on my 97 corolla...

TIA

Hi - had my drivers side rear door main glass smashed while I was away over the weekend. Picked up new (chinese) glass and have the door apart and ready to replace but can't figure out how the glass goes in.

Should it go in straight down from outside? Any insight on steps to insert it into the door eagerly anticipated - and if there is anything I missed that should be removed beforehand.

My problem is that when I attempt to put the glass in square with the door from the outside - which seems to be the way to do it, there's nothing in my Haynes manual - I don't want to force it down in case I break it. Seems to be a really tight fit. It's the left and right sides that are the width issue. Once I get the glass in I just need to glue the base winder channel to it and the job's done.

The Glass is wider than the opening horizontally though, because it fits in the vertical channels on either side. On other cars you generally put in at an angle and rotate, but there's no way I can see to do this on my 97 corolla...

TIA

probably a month too late to be helpful, but remove the post between the vent window and the roll up and drop it in.

Archived