GM going BK opinions?

They just posted a 15 BILLION dollar loss for the 2nd quarter, 9B of that was a one time restructing cost. They had 24B to play with at the start of the year. I'm betting they go BK before the end of the year. A few good friends own GM dealerships around the state and they are shitting themselves right now. Just wondering if anyone else is preparing for this, I'm gettin out of the tint biz in the next few weeks due to hiring into a company thats automotive related but not in any way involved with GM. Its going to be an interesting second half of the year.

I've got money on Hummer being sold, same with Saturn and SAAB, maybe even Buick too. I know of several dealers who were not performing well and they have lost their franchsies (Cadillac, Chevy) and they are being given to another successful dealer so that he carries all brands GM offers. Also as cause he just invested 4m into a Hummer building that is useless now.

%&$# is hitting the fan.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A few good friends own GM dealerships around the state and they are shitting themselves right now.

Like who ...what dealers?

Not really sure why that is important. I wont be releasing their names but they are successful multi franchise owners who sit on several boards for GM. This is in Michigan.

The dealer who lost their brand was not in Michigan. That one is in California.

Not really sure why that is important. I wont be releasing their names but they are successful multi franchise owners

Then why say it.... :twocents My family owns several dealerships........and I dont see anyone wearing a diaper................ :dunno

Guest Crackz

yeah but up here in ny they are trying to dump truck loads of suvs at the dealers and they are refusing them...and no more smart buy or leasing ...gm is screwed ps check the stocks on gm :twocents:dunno:lol2 :lol2

Guest CajunTinter
Not really sure why that is important. I wont be releasing their names but they are successful multi franchise owners

Then why say it.... :twocents My family owns several dealerships........and I dont see anyone wearing a diaper................ :dunno

no need to bust 5-0's ballz.... he doesn't own a GM dealership.... :lol2 :lol2

yeah but up here in ny they are trying to dump truck loads of suvs at the dealers and they are refusing them...and no more smart buy or leasing

GM does not just drop off SUV's....The dealer has a market and orders to fill.......The dealer paid or has an order or market for everything on the lot.

:twocents

Archived