shaved my first frameless windows today.

Guest cartek

Guest cartek

I shaved another one today.

it was an M3, I also glued the dots, even on the side quarter windows.

car is sick has a supercharger, etc.

here some pics. I really like shaving these windows it turns out awesome.

DSCN0941.jpg

DSCN0942.jpg

DSCN0943.jpg

DSCN0944.jpg

DSCN0945.jpg

DSCN0948.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest naughtydog

please...lets have it right.

Filing is not shaving. Shaving is shaving - filing is filing.

They both give a good finish and for high end cars are standard practice over here in England.

how do u glue the dots on the 1/4 glass? and what about all around the back glass, or u just do the top? thank god for glue, just did an 02 mustang and blew the chicks mind when she saw how good the top of her rear window looked. I use scotch scrapbookers glue from target. love the pen tip!

l_32bd01e3b98804582ee82be40ef46e76.jpg

I know this pic is tiny but im having trouble uploading pics from my phone.

Guest cartek

They both give a good finish and for high end cars are standard practice over here in England.

? well I actually use a file if that is what you mean?

how do u glue the dots on the 1/4 glass? and what about all around the back glass, or u just do the top? thank god for glue, just did an 02 mustang and blew the chicks mind when she saw how good the top of her rear window looked. I use scotch scrapbookers glue from target. love the pen tip!

This is what I do, and it works out well.

1. cut out side window

2. clean the window perfectly.

3 place a bead of glue all around the dots on the inside of the window(I make it a little inside the dots)

4 do not spray any water on the glass itself leave it dry with just the glue on the dots

5 peel the liner and spray the film with slip solution(keep it light)

6 get almost perfect aim so that it just falls into place and you arent smearing the glue

7 squeege the enire center out to the easiest side to access, but dont squeegee the over the dots yet.

8 lastly work the the dots out from the center out so the water and glue dont mix on three sides.

9 on the side where you have to mic water and glue if you must peel it back just a smidge and apply a smalle amount of glue to those dots and squeegee out.

On the back glass it could work the same, but it is too hard with the glass in the car so I only do the top.

Guest cartek
thanks cartek. ill be trying that asap. all my bmw cust. are pickey as hell, they will love it. I figured that about the back glass but I never tried it on a quarter glass before so u never know. thanks again for the tip. :tantrum

I have had good experiences with it thus far. I have seen a lot of the cars that I have done it to and it works out well.

it tries slower than themoisture tho, so when they pick up the entire edge will still look like it is wet(you know the wet discolored look from the outside) but when it evaps away it looks nice

Guest chriscoon

Nice work man. I have been filling all my frameless doors for the past 5 years. Every car gets it that way. Not sure if I could even tint it the usual way anymore. It looks like you did it just fine. The only tips I could give are 1. keep the file new and sharp (I go thru 2 or 3 a year). 2. Use the finest file you can find that's at least a inch wide. 3. Hold the file in your finger tips to limit pressure. 4. I take my ring off and hold my knuckles against the glass and leave them there as you move the file up. These keeps a consistent angle of the cut. Some cars you will notice if you vary the angle. Just my two cents. There is a dozen ways to do everything, just play around to find a way that is comfortable for you

Guest cartek
Nice work man. I have been filling all my frameless doors for the past 5 years. Every car gets it that way. Not sure if I could even tint it the usual way anymore. It looks like you did it just fine. The only tips I could give are 1. keep the file new and sharp (I go thru 2 or 3 a year). 2. Use the finest file you can find that's at least a inch wide. 3. Hold the file in your finger tips to limit pressure. 4. I take my ring off and hold my knuckles against the glass and leave them there as you move the file up. These keeps a consistent angle of the cut. Some cars you will notice if you vary the angle. Just my two cents. There is a dozen ways to do everything, just play around to find a way that is comfortable for you

thanks for the tips man

I have only done a couple but I am pretty analytical and I can already see that the angle you hold the file at changes the way it looks.

also I have noticed that the finer the file the better in my opinion

I think I am going to buy a nice wide and fery fine file just for this.

thanks

Guest filmslayer
Looks great. ........ :tantrum

:evileye

Time to play? IN AUGUST? I wish I had time to eat! :tantrum

Nice!

I have those days too. lost like 35 pounds this summer, seriously... I attribute a large part of it to being unable to eat half the time, lol

WOW! I'm impressed! :tantrum

What type of file did you use?

Suntek Carbon 18

Where is 18% leagal on front windows????? :lol

Guest blackout1

? well I actually use a file if that is what you mean?

This is what I do, and it works out well.

1. cut out side window

2. clean the window perfectly.

3 place a bead of glue all around the dots on the inside of the window(I make it a little inside the dots)

4 do not spray any water on the glass itself leave it dry with just the glue on the dots

5 peel the liner and spray the film with slip solution(keep it light)

6 get almost perfect aim so that it just falls into place and you arent smearing the glue

7 squeege the enire center out to the easiest side to access, but dont squeegee the over the dots yet.

8 lastly work the the dots out from the center out so the water and glue dont mix on three sides.

9 on the side where you have to mic water and glue if you must peel it back just a smidge and apply a smalle amount of glue to those dots and squeegee out.

On the back glass it could work the same, but it is too hard with the glass in the car so I only do the top.

how much extra time does filing take on door windows and useing the bead of glue on the dots. :tantrum I have never done it b4 and wanted to do somethin different in my area.

Archived