ceramic vs carbon

Guest jablonep

Guest jablonep

Looking for advice on tint for a new Mercedes S550 benz. Thinking about ceramic film for the heat blocking qualities.

1. Does it really block more heat

2. Does it block viewing into the car as well as carbon, thinking about 20%ceramic

3. How do ceramics look vs carbon from the outside

4. Which ceramic brand is the best

Any other info on this topic is appreciated.

Thanks, Eric

Guest Sunlimited

Wouldn't go with a ceramic 20 due to ghosting, are you looking for heat reduction, or aesthetics, the ceramic will keep out more solar energy and not be as dark, thats the beauty of ceramic films. Where are you located, I'm sure someone here can advise you on your different options as well as legalities in your state..

True about the ghosting. As long as the shop is familiar with shrinking ceramics then there should'nt be any ghosting at all. The only thing I could think why you would want to go with Carbon instead of ceramic is that Carbon is signal enableing. Carbon ins't supposed to mess with your NAV. The only Ceramic I have installed on a vehicle was Huper and that was before the signal enableing craze.

Guest lordofthetints
Wouldn't go with a ceramic 20 due to ghosting, are you looking for heat reduction, or aesthetics, the ceramic will keep out more solar energy and not be as dark, thats the beauty of ceramic films. Where are you located, I'm sure someone here can advise you on your different options as well as legalities in your state..

Where I work there are diferent terminologies to window film. well, the language is different too.

Can anyone explain to me what is a ceramic film, is it thicker? harder to shrink? whats the difference compared to what I think is regular film?

Guest Sunlimited

Ceramic 20 has a problem ghosting. I've been shrinking ceramic for some time now, dont have a prob 30+. Yes some of the ceramic is thicker, as much as 3.8 mil I believe on the huper 30. 40,50,60, are thinner, and it is more difficult to shrink. It's not impossible just takes some practice.

Guest darkdan
Can anyone explain to me what is a ceramic film, is it thicker?

Ceramic means instead of metal it has a type of ceramic (titanium nitride is popular) sputtered onto it.

This usually means better heat rejection while being signal safe.

Guest Crackz

I dont have any issues with ghosting on the geo shield if you know how to work with the film there is no issue just deal with some one who knows how to work with it and make sure thats what you are getting dont deal with no hack shops and you will be ok if you need a referral im sure one of us here can send you to somebody good in your area :trustme and get the real benefits from ceramic film

Archived