Can't seem to get it right

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest shadowline
FIND ANOTHER JOB! YOUR NOT GOOD AT THIS ONE. :thumb

And I take it you never learnt? You tinted cars 100%perfect (which is near impossible on any tint job) from the word go? Get a life and cut the guy some slack, we ALL started somewhere

Guest tintmanlibby

what no vinal :hmmm

im shocked I thought that would definitly be a recomondation :hmmm

I take it your wet shrinking ? your back glass

honestly your mom's car is easy for a pro ,but for a rookie that car is a bitch

anyway's good luck !

kat william's say's pimpin aint easy

I know right know your sayin tintin aint easy :nope

You have a detailing business and want to add tinting to it ?

My thought is to hire a tinter to do the installs. At the time of hire he gets $X extra during slow times to teach you some of the techniqes to

installing film. Get a door from a wrecking yard to practice on, along with a back glass. You start the cutting and install, he or she then stops you when they see where you are going to have a problem.

Worth a shot at the least.

I'm a mobile detailer, and its still a one-man operation. I don't have enough business yet to hire someone on just yet. But each year I have gotten busier, so I'm hoping to hire a tinter sometime in 09.

quick tip on the lincoln: pull the door panels and remove the gaskets along the window.

I think you're right. Not sure how the gaskets can come off, but I'll have to look into it. They are felt and a complete nightmare as far as keeping the film clean. I tried the tape, but it won't stick to the felt.

use more slip . Go slower, use a yello or red turbo for the first initial pass to get the film relaxed into position, then bluemax it. Hope this helps, and good luck.

also squeegee from center - out

What is more slip mean?

ky jelly

LOL!

quick tip on the lincoln: pull the door panels and remove the gaskets along the window.

I think you're right. Not sure how the gaskets can come off, but I'll have to look into it. They are felt and a complete nightmare as far as keeping the film clean. I tried the tape, but it won't stick to the felt.

use more slip . Go slower, use a yello or red turbo for the first initial pass to get the film relaxed into position, then bluemax it. Hope this helps, and good luck.

also squeegee from center - out

What is more slip mean?

ky jelly

LOL!

take the screws on each side out. then you can pull the gaskets without removing the door panels. up late cause santa bought me a wii. LOL :spit

Where are you located GoFast??

There are some good tinting schools in the country.

If you want to be skilled enough to be able to charge people and get good referrals from them, you really need to get proper training.

Otherwise, you may be destined to be "that hack down the skreet" everybody's talking sh!t about.... :spit

Archived