Wow.. what an ***

I've been doing work for a 3M dealer in my area... couple days here.. couple days there. I charge a fair, flat rate per day.

I worked with him on Thursday.. he takes me to this job site and asks if I wanna do the job... He offered $800 for labor... 44 windows. I said sure.. and we schedule it for this coming friday.

I just got off the phone with him and he said he had his guys do it over the weekend.

Like - wtf?!?!??!

Why the heck offer it to me if you were going to give it to your own guys?!?!?!?

Wow.... just... wow

:trustme:beer:lol2 :lol2 :lol2 :lol2 :):lol2 :lol2 :lol2 :lol2 :lol2

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wait till he needs you to bail him out and tell him to sit an spin or just take your prices and tripple them.

I've had several places do this to me and they have all called me to bail em out in a situation later down the road. I remind them of the time they burned me and let em know they get no special treatment because I cannot trust that they will send me anymore work so they pay retail or more... usually more actually.

Just wait, they'll need to you save em one day... dont forget.

I'm supposed to work for him tomorrow... I feel like just not showing up.

The folks who burned me did not make up a large part of my business so I was fine with tellin em to stuff it. I'd do all work you agreed to, but nothing more at all.

I think that's what I'm going to do.... when it comes to business, I don't like having to rely on other people, because you never know when they either a) won't need your services anymore or b) will screw you over.

Tomorrow is going to suck, that's for sure.

I've been doing work for a 3M dealer in my area... couple days here.. couple days there. I charge a fair, flat rate per day.

I worked with him on Thursday.. he takes me to this job site and asks if I wanna do the job... He offered $800 for labor... 44 windows. I said sure.. and we schedule it for this coming friday.

I just got off the phone with him and he said he had his guys do it over the weekend.

Like - wtf?!?!??!

Why the heck offer it to me if you were going to give it to your own guys?!?!?!?

Wow.... just... wow

:lol2 :lol2 :lol2:lol6:nope :nope :nope:lol:flip :flip :flip :flip

Thats bullshit. he wants to keep you on the line and cut you loose ...If I could afford it I would call him and tell him...."have your other guys take care of tomorrow" I'm busy with a bigger job....and these guys are wanting me exclusively. But dont do that unless you can afford to p1ss him off.

I did the same thing with an Infiniti dealer last week....I fired them......... :lol

:lol2

..If I could afford it I would call him and tell him...."have your other guys take care of tomorrow" I'm busy with a bigger job....and these guys are wanting me exclusively. But dont do that unless you can afford to p1ss him off.

That's the thing... right now... it's not a big deal. But during the winter when I don't have much of my own stuff going on, any work he has helps.. So while I don't want to burn any bridges, I'm very pissed at what he did and at this moment I could tell him so long.......

Guest willie
I think that's what I'm going to do.... when it comes to business, I don't like having to rely on other people, because you never know when they either a) won't need your services anymore or b) will screw you over.

Tomorrow is going to suck, that's for sure.

Hey Roach you seem like a pretty level headed guy, just frustrated like the rest of us get sometimes.

Listen to him and talk to him tommorow and see what his side of the story is.

Good luck with him tommorow and keep pluggin :lol6

Archived