Wow.. what an ***

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

be easier for customers to find and network like a mofo on slow days and take some business from him. the right sales technique with the right attitude and you won't have to worry about working for him. I'm not an a$$hole, but I think there's nothing wrong with a little healthy competition. especially with a 3 m dealer. you'd be doing some of those installs anyway. why not make more $ and get all the referrals? :rollin

be easier for customers to find and network like a mofo on slow days and take some business from him. the right sales technique with the right attitude and you won't have to worry about working for him

I agree... and that's my plan... step up my own marketing etc.

Today was it with them... at least for a while.

We get to the job... NV25 was what the customer wanted... they found the film on 3m's site... emailed back and forth with the local dealer... husband at work... wife was home. Quote was done via email..

What does this guy have me install??? RE series. wtf?!?!

I dunno... maybe you can't be honest and successful. I did not get into it with him because I was already in a crummy mood and I just wanted to get the job done and go home. This is the 2nd time I've seen him do this - and like I said, I don't work for him super often.... so who knows how often he actually does it.

When it first happened I talked to the manager... he's closer to my age and we get along better... and I told him if it ever happens when I'm doing a job for them solo, I would walk off the job right then and there. I don't play games with selling one product and using another. He assured me they don't do that and he didn't know why it was done for that job.... and then it happened again today. With the owner of the company.

I guess I shouldn't expect less... 3M is misleading with their marketing, so they shouldn't expect any less from their dealers.

Glad the day is over...

Don't feel alone. Had a friend who worked for the local MMM dealer here. He would tell me horror stories of how this guy operated (shorting commissions, switching films, and so on) Just do what ya have to do. Keep pluggin and YOUR business will build.

Don't feel alone. Had a friend who worked for the local MMM dealer here. He would tell me horror stories of how this guy operated (shorting commissions, switching films, and so on) Just do what ya have to do. Keep pluggin and YOUR business will build.

We get to the job... NV25 was what the customer wanted... they found the film on 3m's site... emailed back and forth with the local dealer... husband at work... wife was home. Quote was done via email..

That is total BS. It's standard operating procedure for a local compettor of ours also.

That is total BS. It's standard operating procedure for a local compettor of ours also.

So, bait and switch is SOP for MMM dealers??? :thumb

The local Vista dealer in our town does this also. He'll quote a custy on vista then install N1035 or 50 saying they'll never know the difference :thumb I know cause my brother used to work for him and it was like standard procedure with this guy, I sure don't agree with it, I would have a hard time sleeping at night.

I'd let the customer know

I thought about it... I was going to say something to the guy as we were putting it on - loud enough for the customer to over-hear...

And yes.. the customers might not actually know, but I mean...how can people do business like that??

I just don't get it... which I guess is a good thing since if I did, I would do it too.

Archived