pulling the door panels

Guest justincredible

Guest Litespeeds

There use to be a tint manual, long long time ago, that showed a few things on door panel removal for different vehicles but I haven't seen anything lately. Many of us that do remove door panels probably do it by trial and error. Of course we always hope we don't damage anything but just remember if you think you got all the screws out and when you start to pull the panel and it doesn't want to pop out, there is a hidden screw that you didn't get. Good luck.

nope, thats why we get paid what we do. I have a really large automotive background that has helped me a great deal when it comes to pulling panels.

I always say it takes the same amount of force to remove the right pieces as it does to break em. Thats why ya gotta know what you are doing. A lotta help on here in the automotive section too. That being said, I'm workin on not having to remove panels. Too time consuming in most cases.

Have you checked out the automotive forums on here yet? They are handy.

Guest oasisglatint

Yeah, if you dont have alot of experience........ procede with caution. We used to pull everything, but have gotten away from it. Now theres no chance of breaking things and dealing with repairs.... if your lucky, or worse having to tell the cust the part will b in on Fri. We "slip-slide" everything, and it saves time and MONEY. Good Luck to ya!

nope, thats why we get paid what we do. I have a really large automotive background that has helped me a great deal when it comes to pulling panels.

I always say it takes the same amount of force to remove the right pieces as it does to break em. Thats why ya gotta know what you are doing. A lotta help on here in the automotive section too. That being said, I'm workin on not having to remove panels. Too time consuming in most cases.

Have you checked out the automotive forums on here yet? They are handy.

yepper. im workin on leaving everything. started taping and tinting and have been having great success with taht.

Hey ya'll is there a book out there that tells you how to pull the door panels off all vehicles?

That's where experience come in. I've been a car stereo installer for 8 years and can take off most panels in under 5 minutes. Over the years I know how each car manufacture puts on their panels. Even though I know how to take off panels, I leave 98% of them on when tinting. :rollin

Guest Kokomo Tint & Dent

I'm getting to where I'll tint some cars without pulling anything off, but not all all vehicles. Sometimes I'll fight that one finger that won't lay down for so long I'd save time by pulling the panel off neway. Over all pulling panels produces cleaner jobs. IMHO.

Guest 1reddime

From my first day tinting, I was trained not to pull panels!

I havent pulled 1 single panel in my 7 year stretch.

I will tape the rubbers back very rarely.

Other than that, slip it in using the wonderful ez reach tool, start at one end and work your way across. spray spray spray, it cant be wet enough ya know.....

Archived