any ideas in helping to dry during typhoon season?

hi,

its raining like crazy in my country due to the typhoon season. it's unavoidable of course. over the years it has been alright installing film, but the problem is that the drying time is much longer than it use to be compared to the hot summer days even though is squeeze out as much slip as I can.

I just thought of this... can I put my heat gun at the lowest setting and blow some air outside the glasses just to aid in drying? would it hurt the freshly squeezed film inside? as of now I do not have access to flood lamps - I have thought of this also

I think lamps might be your best bet. Are you using a blue max or similar tool for your final squeegee?

yup, that one while pushing it as hard as I can. I have also reduced the amount of jnj that I have in the water to help in drying. what about "for the mean time" can I use the heat gun? I don't have a budget for the lamps yet.

I think lamps might be your best bet. Are you using a blue max or similar tool for your final squeegee?

yup, that one while pushing it as hard as I can. I have also reduced the amount of jnj that I have in the water to help in drying. what about "for the mean time" can I use the heat gun? I don't have a budget for the lamps yet.

Personally, I wouldn't use a heat gun to try to dry the film. Just let your customers know about the dry time situation before you tint the car. Also mention it in your care and cleaning sheet (if you give the custy one).

Personally, I wouldn't use a heat gun to try to dry the film. Just let your customers know about the dry time situation before you tint the car. Also mention it in your care and cleaning sheet (if you give the custy one).

Maybe I don’t understand the question. If you are trying to cure the window a gun or torch is not so much but I thought we were talking about problem areas. Probably my mistake. :spam

Guest darkdan

Heat the bottom edge with your heatgun from the inside for a few seconds to lock it into place.

The dual 500 watt halogen lamps are like $20 from Wal-Mart. If that isn't in your budget.......you have bigger problems. In the winter I chase myself around the car with it, in the summer I just focus on the driver's window.

Guest Sprinter

sounds like your customers can drive around for a week with the way the weather is and run their ac/heat if needed, it will dry out just tell them thats what I would do

Archived