any ideas in helping to dry during typhoon season?

I think lamps might be your best bet. Are you using a blue max or similar tool for your final squeegee?

yup, that one while pushing it as hard as I can. I have also reduced the amount of jnj that I have in the water to help in drying. what about "for the mean time" can I use the heat gun? I don't have a budget for the lamps yet.

Personally, I wouldn't use a heat gun to try to dry the film. Just let your customers know about the dry time situation before you tint the car. Also mention it in your care and cleaning sheet (if you give the custy one).

Maybe I don’t understand the question. If you are trying to cure the window a gun or torch is not so much but I thought we were talking about problem areas. Probably my mistake. :spam

what I was referring to are not problem areas. the film has been shrunk well, and has been squeegeed out inside the glass and sticks to it perfectly w/o any defects or craftsmanship errors. it's more of hastening the curing time of the adhesive after installation during a nasty weather during typhoon season. I thought of using a heat gun blown outside the glass in the lowest settting to help cure it.

Guest oasisglatint

I would have to agree with running the car for awhile. In the winter months, we will back out the car and turn the heat on high with the defrost on. It dries it more than you would think. Just make sure to check their gas gage :thumb

<br />in that case use it on high, but remember it won't dry it out completly only time will do that.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I don't know if the rumor is true but, a lot of people say that defrosters tend to crumple the tint once installed... rumor anyways, but no objective conclusions. have you experienced crumpled tints due to defrosters?

<br />in that case use it on high, but remember it won't dry it out completly only time will do that.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I don't know if the rumor is true but, a lot of people say that defrosters tend to crumple the tint once installed... rumor anyways, but no objective conclusions. have you experienced crumpled tints due to defrosters?

Nope never had a problem with the defroster on right after you tint. I use to do it when I get pluckers. I would turn on the defrost and go over it with a hard card. It really help drying out the lines so that the pluckers don't come back. Just got to be careful not to leave bubbles behind.

Archived