Is this normal?

I needed a dark dual reflective and not a whole lot. Johnson has a precut program that I usually get my resi films through. They are out of 10% and 30% for a few weeks. Is this kind of thing normal???? I'm stunned and annoyed but nothing I can do about it. Its pretty much a lost sale at this point now, I just keep very high standards I guess and this seems way unprofessional. Who else has dark dual reflectives and do they sell partial rolls?

:thumb :thumb

Over the years that has happened to me quite a few times with JWF. Mostly with Silver 20 but has happened with Bronze 20 as well. Just a few weeks ago this happened with Silver 20. We needed the film for a 900sq ft job and JWF said they didnt have enough but would call their factory to see if they had any in stock. They managed to get it and also didnt ship it out on the specified day. The job needed to be done by a certain day so we were a day behind when the film finally came in. I'm pretty sure they re-boxed tint because working with the film it felt like a PS adhesive film and they use a Dry adhesive . Using the reverse roll method the film would not snap and unroll like the normal stuff. It made everything so much harder. Just a few days later I was using some nightscape, which also has the DA adhesive, and it would snap and unroll very easily. :thumb Suntek also has a dual reflective film.

Guest General Sun Shield
Sometimes big projects come up and it depletes normal inventory levels... MFG's can't always predict when this will happen. :thumb

:thumb They have been out of DN from time to time due to large orders from overseas

Boom! Justin from OTI just saved the day he called me and is sending out just enough to get the job done. I totally forgot they are getting into residential films. They have a 25% DR on my way, can't wait to check it out. I use them exclusively for automotive I just totally forgot that they are growin quickly and gettin into residential.

Thanks Justin you da jiggra mang!

:thumb

Guest FilmBlazer

A consumer probably ordered one piece and just couldn't get it right so they kept ordering again and again until they ran out. :thumb Post some pics of that DR when you get it done Tim, I'd like to see how it looks :evileye

Archived