Busted for 5% in AZ

Just got a ticket for 5% up front and for my anti-photo radar plate cover. The fines in the booklet the officer gave me read 140 for the tint and 140 for the plate. I'm hoping they'll drop the one for the plate. I thought the ticket in AZ was just a fix it ticket. If anyone has any info on what I need to do I'd appreciate it

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintgod
Just got a ticket for 5% up front and for my anti-photo radar plate cover. The fines in the booklet the officer gave me read 140 for the tint and 140 for the plate. I'm hoping they'll drop the one for the plate. I thought the ticket in AZ was just a fix it ticket. If anyone has any info on what I need to do I'd appreciate it

yeah....retint in legal :thumb:thumb

dang! laws in AZ are pretty friendly as it is go legal its still pretty dark.

I might just put 20% on....30% I could deal with in another state, but in AZ our summers range from 107-113* from May to Sept. I had 7 cars here with 5% and have never gotten caught. I basically got caught because I floored 2nd gear in my 1988 Mustang Gt...the exhaust is loud, so he got behind be to let me know he was there and went to get in the turning lane, but when he pulled in the turning lane he ended up RIGHT next to me and saw the tint and pulled back behind me....just my fucken luck. Oh yea the tint metered at 3%(Global 5% HP tinted 2 months ago).

Guest darkdan

Darker doesn't always mean more heat rejection.

So the high summer temps cannot be used as a reason for dangerously dark window tint on the fronts.

Guest 1reddime

I got a ticket about 4 years ago in Tempe, AZ. it was a "fix it it ticket".

I got pulled over for one of those smoked license plate covers, That is the only thing he pulled me over for!

Then he told me to roll up my window a little bit and he used a light meter on my fronts. I had 15% at the time (legal is 35%).

When I got the ticket he said there was a fine and Id have to go to court etc etc.

I called the court to see just exactly what was going on and they said if you remove the items I was ticketed for it will probably be dismissed. with only court costs to pay. (like $40.00).

And thats exactly what I did! stripped the tint and LEFT IT FACTORY, removed the plate cover.. It took the better part of a day to clear everything up at the courthouse.

I wouldnt stress about it too much, its not a moving violation and no points on your license. just call them, be polite AND PATIENT, and it will all work out!

I got a ticket about 4 years ago in Tempe, AZ. it was a "fix it it ticket".

I got pulled over for one of those smoked license plate covers, That is the only thing he pulled me over for!

Then he told me to roll up my window a little bit and he used a light meter on my fronts. I had 15% at the time (legal is 35%).

When I got the ticket he said there was a fine and Id have to go to court etc etc.

I called the court to see just exactly what was going on and they said if you remove the items I was ticketed for it will probably be dismissed. with only court costs to pay. (like $40.00).

And thats exactly what I did! stripped the tint and LEFT IT FACTORY, removed the plate cover.. It took the better part of a day to clear everything up at the courthouse.

I wouldnt stress about it too much, its not a moving violation and no points on your license. just call them, be polite AND PATIENT, and it will all work out!

Hey, thanks for the info man. I thought anti photo plates were legal here...those photo radar vans are entrapment.

Guest 1reddime

I would leave it factory till you get this sorted out! then, Go back to 5% but dont be whipping those ponies next to the cops. :evileye

I went back to 5% the next day. and havent had a problem since! and I did 2 years in Ohio with no probs.....

Every vehicle in my driveway is limo.

And Darkdan is right! darker does not mean cooler. I noticed my rides are hotter when you first get in with black tint. once the A/C's on for a while its real nice!

Archived