Counting Calories? Trying to lose weight?

Guest darkdan

Guest darkdan

We should all follow MDog's example and try to get back into shape. America is in the middle of a obesity epidemic.

If you are trying to get back into shape (no, round isn't a shape) here's a great tool: www.fitday.com

You enter in everything you eat and now you now how many calories, fat, protein, etc. Even if you aren't trying to lose weight do it for a few days and you'll see if you over eat or not and what you should try to avoid.

Past few weeks I've been doing alright, but there's a few days that I easily go over 3000 calories. =(

Jan.9th I weighed 284. Today I'm at fighting weigh-235. I didnt count anything-no calories or anything.I just quit drinking sodas and all I eat during the week is baked fish and chicken with brown rice. Weekends I eat what I want.Oh yeah-pumping a little iron helps too. :evileye

Guest darkdan

I've been hitting the treadmill. When I went back to school in Jan I gained weight because I was part time at the day job. Now that I don't have a day job I've put on weight!

So it's either exercise more or eat less.......tough call!

I have lost 90 pounds :evileye I am down to 110 now :spit and looking tizzzzight :spit

j/k I am staying between 160 and 165 :thumb I havent put ANY weight back on since I lost mine.

Kiddos to you guys that are losing weight :thumb You will feel much better after you do.

I am back out playing softball with a bunch of 20 year olds now :thumb its crazy, I NEVER thought I would be doing that.

I am on the scale every morning and evening monitoring my weight. Plus I have a pic of myself when I was fat hanging on my dresser counter that scares the hell out of me from time to time :thumb:lol dont EVER want to go back to the way I was.

Guest 1reddime

I bought a bowflex about 2 weeks ago and, man, this thing will kick your azz if you follow the guide, and you dont have to use it to get all buff n stuff, LOL, its a great conditioner!

I dont need to lose weight, but get in shape.

If you have the room, I highly recommend a bowflex.

I wanna swap out about 20 lbs of fat for muscle... or.. muscle weighs more then fat.. so probably 10 lbs of fat for 20 lbs of muscle. :evileye

My whole thing is my diet though... I think if I could get that in gear I'd be ok.

Guest darkdan
I am on the scale every morning and evening monitoring my weight. Plus I have a pic of myself when I was fat hanging on my dresser counter that scares the hell out of me from time to time :thumb:evileye dont EVER want to go back to the way I was.

I'd have to look up the exact number, but people that step on the scale everyday are far less likely to gain weight because you'll be conscious of it the rest of the day and eat less and make healthier choices.

I bought a bowflex about 2 weeks ago and, man, this thing will kick your azz if you follow the guide, and you dont have to use it to get all buff n stuff, LOL, its a great conditioner!

I dont need to lose weight, but get in shape.

If you have the room, I highly recommend a bowflex.

I'm anti-bowflex. It's expensive and doesn't work nearly as well as free weights. With the bowflex there's practically no resistance at the beginning of the movement and it increases as you move. With free weights it's the same amount of resistance the whole time. So something like the bench press where the beginning of the movement is where the majority of the chest gets used the bowflex provides no resistance. By the end of the movement when it's almost entirely triceps you have all the resistance. That's great if you don't want to work your chest while you're exercising your chest!

But as long as you're working out more power to you!

Archived