Before and After Quote...

Okay, so I havnt blogged in awhile so here I go.........

Just curious to know if any of you have wrote a quote up initially then changed for more money once you got a feel for how rich the homeowner is. In other words, charge over what you normally do per sqft. Long story short (yeah right), I drove about an hour and a half to this guys house. While waiting for the guy to get there (I was early) His buddy who was helping in the construction of it, showed me the windows he was wanting done, I measured them, wrote my quote up, and he gave me the grand tour. First the house is 25,000 sqft...The master bedroom is 2200 sqft!!!! They have been building it for the last 3 years and will be finishing it up in the next couple of months. While giving me the tour, he was going on about what everything costs....$30,000 water filtration system, $40,000 Master Bathroom, $50,000 custom made waterfall being built to flow under the entry staircase (which was about 15ft wide). $120,000 commercial grade kitchen, all sound proof drywall boards($75 per 4x8 sheet). Blah blah blah..oh dont forget the 2000 sf nightclub to be built in the basement... The weird thing is that when I asked his buddy what the guy did for a living, he said nothing, and said he is doing this right now (house)... After the tour, I added an additional $1500 to the quote (450sqft)--sunroom windows, library and office windows only for privacy. So was that shady of me or what? When the guy finally showed up, I gave him the quote and he said that was a fair price and once he got the new wood windows stained and poly'd he would send me the deposit so I could get started (2-3 weeks). BTW there isnt another window tinting company local to him and said he wasnt going to get another quote.

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

Guest darkdan
After the tour, I added an additional $1500 to the quote (450sqft)--sunroom windows, library and office windows only for privacy. So was that shady of me or what?
When the guy finally showed up, I gave him the quote and he said that was a fair price

According to the customer it wasn't shady. So don't feel guilty for making money.

Guest vclimber

That's 6hrs travel for quote and install plus the time you stuck around to write the bid. Heck yeah, charge extra for your time! :thumb

-Btw that is the one of the worst looking expensive homes I have ever seen. :evileye

Guest vclimber
not shady at all. :thumb I usually price my jobs according to my mood, the customer's attitude, and the size of the house. :evileye

So... what's your rate for pizzed off mood, jack-azz custy, big ol house? :thumb

That's 6hrs travel for quote and install plus the time you stuck around to write the bid. Heck yeah, charge extra for your time! :dunno

-Btw that is the one of the worst looking expensive homes I have ever seen. :dunno

Yes I agree as far as the outside, but the inside....OMG! I cant wait to see what it will look like finished...

JUst out of curiosity, Knowing what I said about this custy and his wallet and spending habits, What would you guys of bid for 450 SQFT Most of that are the 4 large sunroom windows, the rest are a couple of bay windows and standard double hungs. All ground level.

Guest vclimber
That's 6hrs travel for quote and install plus the time you stuck around to write the bid. Heck yeah, charge extra for your time! :dunno

-Btw that is the one of the worst looking expensive homes I have ever seen. :thumb

Yes I agree as far as the outside, but the inside....OMG! I cant wait to see what it will look like finished...

JUst out of curiosity, Knowing what I said about this custy and his wallet and spending habits, What would you guys of bid for 450 SQFT Most of that are the 4 large sunroom windows, the rest are a couple of bay windows and standard double hungs. All ground level.

Let's just say "high." :dunno

Archived