Baby shampoo vs. dish washing detergent?

Guest lordofthetints

Guest lordofthetints

I´m new here, and I have read in many posts that you guys use baby shampoo as I use dish washing detergent(I was taught this way). Can anyone please explain to me the down sides of detergent and the ups of baby shampoo?

I want to give the shampoo a try, should I stay away from any specifics?

Thanks.

Guest lordofthetints

Seriously, I have been tinting for 5 years, and the detergent had worked just fine.

just wanted some input about the pros and cons from people that have been around for longer.

Guest lordofthetints
I'm new here too saw a thread with some ingredient list for 'poo and it went on about glycerin being a not good thing for adhesion. Anyone recalling the thread and posting a link would help give him an idea....

Thank you. Gotta go baby shampoo shopping tomorrow.

I'm new here too saw a thread with some ingredient list for 'poo and it went on about glycerin being a not good thing for adhesion. Anyone recalling the thread and posting a link would help give him an idea....

Thank you. Gotta go baby shampoo shopping tomorrow.

Baby shampoo has glycerin in it. It's all a matter of preference I think. A lot will say degreaser is bad, some will say glycerin is bad but really both work fine. I use both, whatever is available at the time.

Guest RCOOTE

Well CPF recommends Dirt off as an install solution for 90% of their FG films. Works great for me, never changed except when I use Huper or any film with a sticky back, then I use baby J&J shampoo... I use D/O for madico films, sunscape, llumar, and any other TACK FREE or CDF

Hope this helps...

Guest darkdan

For water activated adhesives you should not be using dish soap. Dish soap's pH is basic. That will delay the bonding process.

X-100 (dirt-off) is acidic and promotes bonding faster. Film-On and baby shampoo are neutral in pH and can also be used on CDF/CDA/WAA/etc type films. I use X-100 on all dry adhesives except films containing real silver and bronze films.

For pressure sensitive films dish soap can lessen the bond strength. I've been testing this out on autos and it does help the film come off easier when removing it.

Archived