Is it just me..?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Connman

Holy triple post, Batman :dunno

Depends on where you live. In downtown Denver, there are homeless on every corner asking for money. I feel for them, but you'd go broke helping them all out. I have given in sometimes though. Walked into a McDonalds on 16th st mall and there were 4 ppl sitting at a table asking every person who walked in for money for food. On my way out, I bought a tray of about 10 dbl cheeseburgers and sat them on their table.

In certain parts of Aurora and Commerce City, gas stations are a favorite. I normally get gas at the same station and one guy is ALWAYS there asking everyone who stops for money for gas. EVERY DAY. This guy even has props, walks around with an empty gas can all day, every day.

And between Aurora and downtown you can pretty much count on people standing at the bottom of every I-70 exit.

Yes, it's a real problem. But the issue I have is, I don't know which ones honestly need $ for food and which ones need $ for m*th. (huh, ya can't say m-e-t-h?)

The only bums who get money from me are the ones with dogs.. they break my heart. I'll usually just get them food though.

Downtown Detroit there is a road called Gratiot avenue. A lil white dude like me aint sposed to go near that place, I just love to cruise through there though. The only places still open are liquor stores, pharmacies, gas stations and a white castle. If you park at a liquor store and I get out all of a sudden like zombies you see bums slowly creeping from all over the street towards you. Its a trip, scares the ish outta whoever I take with me. Its nasty down there...

Guest OnTheDarkside
That is th eoldest scam in the book. "Hey buddy, can ya lenad me $5 so I can catch the bus to get to work" or " ....so I can get home, my car died" Ya fell for it repeatedly. This is panhandling at its best. I have seen guys do this around the local city and when ya give them money, they say thanks and you walk away. Then they hit the next unsuspecting sucker. Don't fall for it. Your bleeding heart will makeu broke!!!! A friend of mine gave one of these scammers money recently when we were downtown. I told him he wasa fool and showed him. Went around the block and as we came upon this jerk again, he asked for money again 'so he could catch the bus home to the other side of town". This was a $2-3 busride, and he was given $5 by my buddy. He was workin it so hard, he did'nt even notice we had come back by. My buddy was so pissed, he demanded his money back, and the beggar was ready to call the cops on US. Don't fall for it again. This goes on all over the place, and you feel for it too many times already!!!!!

Thats hilarious I have almost the EXACT same story! Except this guy said his car broke down and my tight-wad buddy gave him a five-r. Surprised he did this, I knew he actually thought the guys car broke down. So I asked my buddy to look around and point out any broken down car in sight and of course there wasnt. So we drove back up to the guy who was searching for his next victim. As we got close we noticed that he pulled a wad of cash from his pocket. haha, my tight-wad buddy was so pissed he approached him and demanded the money back and sure enouph he got it. I thought it was going to turn into the episode where jerry seinfeld stole the marble rye from the old lady :dunno

Guest Sunlimited

The same 3 guys and 1 lady work the gas stations by my house. Every morning you see at least one of them, usually with thge same story. I had one guy a couple weeks ago come up to me in a wheel chair, I started to feel bad for the guy until I noticed he was kneeling in the chair with a blanket over him. His feet were sticking out of the back of the wheel chair as he gave me his sob story of having no legs. That ruined me helping anyone for a long time. I'd rather help someone workin their @$$ off to support a sick parent or something through a local charity, or foodbank...

99.9% of these guys are scammers. There was a news story a few years ago about a pan handler in New York who was driven into the city everyday by his limo, would pan handle all day, then get picked up in the evening. True story. He claimed to make over a hlaf million per year. Said it was because people in the city would pay him to get away from them (pretty much) and said the average he got per person was $10. (Hit 300-500 per day and thats $3000-5000/day) Don't fall for it ever again.

Guest Texstar
99.9% of these guys are scammers. There was a news story a few years ago about a pan handler in New York who was driven into the city everyday by his limo, would pan handle all day, then get picked up in the evening. True story. He claimed to make over a hlaf million per year. Said it was because people in the city would pay him to get away from them (pretty much) and said the average he got per person was $10. (Hit 300-500 per day and thats $3000-5000/day) Don't fall for it ever again.

Totally agree :bling

:bling thats crazy.

Archived