Advantage A.D.C. tint

Guest jscott927

Guest jscott927

Has anyone heard of this manufactor : Advontage A.D.C. The place I went to, to get my car tinted with VK suggested I use that product because V-kool is expensive and hard to work with. He states that this product is a top of the line tint with life time warrenty.

Advantage is good film in my opinion. I use it and it is backed by a limited lifetime warranty, just like most, if not all films.

I doubt there is a true lifetime warranty. Always some kind of condition exist.

I think you would be pleased with the ADC.

Keep in mind this is just my opinion. Others may have good ideas for other companies too.

Guest darkdan

V-Kool is going to have significantly better heat rejection, but is not signal safe.

You may want to look into getting your car done with Huper Optik ceramic, Geoshield Ceramic, or FormulaONE Pinnacle ceramic if heat rejection while not interfering with RF signals is important to you.

On your last thread you said you were looking for:

a.) High heat rejection

b.) That non-tinted look (aka, light film).

ADC's lightest film is 39% (or maybe there's a 50% and it's not in my book) VLT with a total solar energy rejection (TSER) of 43%.

Meanwhile, V-Kool 70 transmits 70% of visible light (nearly invisible) and has a TSER of 55%. Geoshield 50% VLT has a TSER of 47%, and Huper Optik C60's TSER is 43%, C50's TSER is 50%. All these films transmit more light and rejection more heat. Only the V-Kool contains metal.

Guest jscott927

you are right, I do want heat rejection and non-tint look but Huper Optik ceramic costs double to the cost of Advantage. The Advanage 35% is clear and seems to be the film I'll go with. I looked at the 50% and it seem to be almost the same shade as my windows and it didnt stop heat rejection as well as the 35%. The 20% was too dark for me, altough it had a higher heat rejection. I felt I couldnt see throu it at night. I put a test piece of static clig 20% on the back-side window and at night I cant see almost nothing on that side. Well Monday is the day I take the car in and have it done. He said it'll take about 3 hours to do both front and back sides and rear, also a 6 or 9" strip across the front top. Still looking for Advantage's web site to get a compairsion spec.s.

Guest darkdan
you are right, I do want heat rejection and non-tint look but Huper Optik ceramic costs double to the cost of Advantage.

That's because it's a very unique film. It's a ceramic so it's metal free and rejects a ton more heat. Heck, their 35% film that contains metal (aka, not signal safe) rejects about 70% of heat. If you have an rear window embedded radio antenna and listen to AM radio you might want to look into a signal safe film. I'm not sure what kind of car you have.

Still looking for Advantage's web site to get a compairsion spec.s.

It's been broken for a long time now. They're redoing it.

ADC 35% - TSER 44%

Huper C60 - 42%

Huper C50 - 49%

Huper C40 - 55%

Huper C30 - 61%

Only you can decide if more heat rejection and no interference with AM/FM radio, GPS, cell phone reception, and keyless entry is worth twice the money. Not to mention ceramics cannot fade or turn purple.

You've come a long ways from your original desire to have V-Kool 70% because you were looking for high heat rejection WITHOUT looking tinted.

Guest Bulldog
you are right, I do want heat rejection and non-tint look but Huper Optik ceramic costs double to the cost of Advantage. The Advanage 35% is clear and seems to be the film I'll go with. I looked at the 50% and it seem to be almost the same shade as my windows and it didnt stop heat rejection as well as the 35%. The 20% was too dark for me, altough it had a higher heat rejection. I felt I couldnt see throu it at night. I put a test piece of static clig 20% on the back-side window and at night I cant see almost nothing on that side. Well Monday is the day I take the car in and have it done. He said it'll take about 3 hours to do both front and back sides and rear, also a 6 or 9" strip across the front top. Still looking for Advantage's web site to get a compairsion spec.s.

Where are you located?? I am sure the members of the board can help you find a qualified installer that carries all options AND can install regardless of how hard it is to do.....

Guest jscott927

I live South of Atlanta, GA. about an hour away. I guess I can rescedule the appointment for another week to look around and find a place that has Huper Optik ceramic that wont cost too much. The dog days of summer are here and I need to get it tinted asap. By the way I have a Mercury Malin 2008. Thats one of the reasons I dont want to spend alot tinting it, its a nice car but not a BMW or Benz.

Archived