Help me out (pictures)

Guest rocca08

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest rocca08
Instead of ruining the appearance of your brand new car...........just take it to a professional.

No reason to have a $20k with a $40 tint job. Looks about as good as a $600 car with $10k rims.

the tint is metalized so its fine. same stuff u get at shop bascially

Guest filmslayer
Instead of ruining the appearance of your brand new car...........just take it to a professional.

No reason to have a $20k with a $40 tint job. Looks about as good as a $600 car with $10k rims.

the tint is metalized so its fine. same stuff u get at shop bascially

I think he was talking about the quality of install not the film :tantrum

Guest darkdan

Both!

Just because it contains metal doesn't mean anything. Nowadays the best films DON'T contain metal.

Plus, metalized films on the rear window of your Civic will ruin AM radio reception (and sometimes FM).

Guest rocca08

that is fine bro, I just use my aux port for my ipod.. well thanks for the comments, this is a process of trial and error for me, I could get it done at a shop but those guys had to learn just like im learning, after I did my 1st window I knew what to do differently on the second to make it even better, thanks for comments, I am just worried about heat shrinking the rearview because I have to use to parts of tint, so we will see how it turns out, like I said the quarter panels are perfect but the windows are curved and need to be heated properly. Thanks guys

Wait, your going to do your rear window in sections... dude seriously put the squeegee down. If that is correct it means you are using Autozone film and that stuff is cheap crap, it is not the same film we use. Most shops get rolls in 36"x100' rolls not 20"x10' sections.

Yes other shops had to learn just like you to tint well. They DONT have installers working on customers cars the 1st time they tint. Most shops wont even hire a person without 2-3 years experience. Why? because they dont want crappy tint jobs rolling around town with their names on it.

You seem to know everything already so why come here and ask so many questions?

You need you a lil chisler and a heat gun for the side creases. Shrink the door patterns on the outside with the liner still on before applying. Wait till you try the backglass :tantrum Please make us a video :tantrum I would say keep it legal too but PA laws suck, I would stick with 35%.

Archived