Help me out (pictures)

Guest rocca08

Guest rocca08
You need you a lil chisler and a heat gun for the side creases. Shrink the door patterns on the outside with the liner still on before applying. Wait till you try the backglass :mad Please make us a video :cry I would say keep it legal too but PA laws suck, I would stick with 35%.

ya.. I didnt heat shrink on the outside, I got a couple fingers out on the inside by heating the glass on the outside but some just wouldnt go down, when I re due the fronts tomorrow I am going to heat shrink on outside first, the only think im hesitant about is, when you have your top of the window cut for the film, when you heat shrink it.. People do the bottom first on the window take out all fingers etc, then move it down and do the top. First time going to be doing that, hopefully it works out good.

Ya dude, I know the back window is going to be hell, thinking about doing a butt seam :o. 2 vertical pieces...

you're gonna hate life after doing that back window. nothing makes a sweet car look like trash more than bad tint. where in PA are you?

Lol ya dude back window is going to make me hate life I bet, ya I agree with you sweet cars are gay with bad tint, like I said its not like I am going to leave a sh***y job on it, I did so far to see what its like driving at night with the tint, it is very hard to see well lets say impossible to see unless there are lights on the object at night. But its whatever, I may go down to 15-20% tint in the future. But im just trying and trying, once I feel like it looks good and I can tint confidently and know the product is going to be nice in the end, I am going to buy a nice 50ft roll of some high quality %&$#. But the tint I have now dose not look bad except if it has bubbles,fingers in it ofcourse. Im like 20 minutes south of pittsburgh bro.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest darkdan

By the time all is said and done it would have been cheaper to pay to have it done professionally. Even at the end of that 50' roll of "high quality" stuff you still wouldn't be putting out "high quality" work.

I'm debating on whether or not we should tell him cutting on the glass over and over (especially HONDA's soft glass) will scratch it or just let him etch the crap out of his windows.

Guest rocca08
By the time all is said and done it would have been cheaper to pay to have it done professionally. Even at the end of that 50' roll of "high quality" stuff you still wouldn't be putting out "high quality" work.

I'm debating on whether or not we should tell him cutting on the glass over and over (especially HONDA's soft glass) will scratch it or just let him etch the crap out of his windows.

Take a break tint from tinting tint god master, and spend a little time learning out to read, it is better for you.

It does'nt look bad exept for bubbles and fingers :mad:cry:cry honestly it took me two years before I was any good,good luck with 50'

tis true there is only 2 on the bottom and top of window was first time doing it. Needs to be heated. the rest of the window looks fine.

There lots of stuff you can DIY...and window tinting is NOT one of them. I've been tinting 1 year and have tinted a measly 100 cars probably and I think my tint jobs are clean....are they as good as the tint jobs some veterans on here do...NO. I wouldn't even call my self a professional tinter...not yet, but one day soon.

:mad

I wouldn't keep using the word "professional" if you only have one window looking good. It takes time to learn this. I've been doing this since 88 and I just found out it has a release liner. :cry

Guest rocca08

oh the word professional cringes your nerves, I didnt mean professional, I ment like the guys that do it at the shop near my house. sorry ><

Guest filmslayer
:mad

I wouldn't keep using the word "professional" if you only have one window looking good. It takes time to learn this. I've been doing this since 88 and I just found out it has a release liner. :cry

:cry:bat:mad:bat

Archived