Chip Dyed films

Guest Deep

Can anyone tell em about these films and just exactly what they are? I cant seem to find any info about this It seems to be related to IR films but may apply to all films or something. I would like to get technical info about these films if someone can lead me to a source......

Guest tintgod
Can anyone tell em about these films and just exactly what they are? I cant seem to find any info about this It seems to be related to IR films but may apply to all films or something. I would like to get technical info about these films if someone can lead me to a source......

call your film manny..they should know. :lol2

if not..im sure dan will be here and tell you all about it.. :lol2:lol2

Guest darkdan

=)

Chip or deep dyed or pigmented films. Instead of taking the clear polyester film and dying it, they pigment the polyester chips before extrusion. Hence "deep dyed" or "pigment poly." 3M CS, Madico Charcool, Global's QDP/HP, Geoshield Dark Matter.

=)

Chip or deep dyed or pigmented films. Instead of taking the clear polyester film and dying it, they pigment the polyester chips before extrusion. Hence "deep dyed" or "pigment poly." 3M CS, Madico Charcool, Global's QDP/HP, Geoshield Dark Matter.

Ok...So does this mean that the dye process is better and will the film last longer before fading? I am assu,img this is the "color stable" process or am I wrong here...

Guest darkdan
Ok...So does this mean that the dye process is better and will the film last longer before fading? I am assu,img this is the "color stable" process or am I wrong here...

That's what they claim.

had a car come in today for just a strip on the windshield that we tinted over a year ago with qdp ch. Film looked as good as the day it left & hasn't faded not even a little bit, I put the meter on it ! :thumb

theres alot of other films that would have faded.....& no way was this kids zx2 garaged.

Archived