2008 Jaguar XKR..Tinting Opinions

Guest thompsonrj

Guest hometheaterman

IMO a nice 5% or 20% would look best however not be legal. To me a 35% all around would look fairly good too just not offer a ton of privacy as you can still see in it fairly easy. If this is legal in your state this may be best. To me anything lighter than 35% just seems like a waste unless you just want uv protection.

Guest hometheaterman

Heat rejection wise I agree with you however he was saying he wanted it for looks as he liked how in those pictures it looked good by setting off the chrome. If you want it for just looks no way a 40% looks that great. Might be better than nothing but doesn't look that great. 5% or sometimes 20% are the only two I think look halfway decent look wise. Now if you are going for something else you are right a ceramic 40% might be a great option.

Guest Sunlimited

Great is in the eyes of the beholder, but you take that car and 5% on it and you're not much more than an idiot. Thats a classy car, you dont go and put some ghetto papaz on it... :beer

Guest hometheaterman

I don't agree. To me 5% just doesn't look ghetto it looks more classy than a light tint. I like how 35% and below looks but to me anything lighter than that just looks weird. It's like it's a smoked color but still clear. I don't know why but I just don't like it or think it looks good on anything. To me a nice 5% or 20% moreso on cars looks good on any car like that. What looks ghetto is purple 5% with bubbles all in it on a 1985 Caprice. That to me looks ghetto as long as it's a nice 5% I think it looks very nice. 20% seems to also be a great option for cars and still looks great.

hometheaterman, you aren't even a tinter and you are recommending to this person to get an !llegal tint job? Not only !llegal, but 5%?!?

I understand your enthusiasm, but in case you haven't noticed we encourage LEGAL tinting on this site, especially to consumers.

hometheaterman, you aren't even a tinter and you are recommending to this person to get an !llegal tint job? Not only !llegal, but 5%?!?

I understand your enthusiasm, but in case you haven't noticed we encourage LEGAL tinting on this site, especially to consumers.

:rollin I like a 30% film myself, when you start getting down to 20 and 5% it does look ghetto. I like 20 or 5% on the back windows of trucks, vans, and suv's but not on cars :dunno

Guest Sunlimited

I can show you vehicles with the ceramic film installed in person if you'd like. We have 2 shops, 1 on Okeechobee Blvd, in West Palm, I am out of our Boynton Beach location...If West Palm is more convenient for you, I can give you the name and # for the manager, or you can call me @ 561-740-0696, ask for Chris...

Archived