public apoligy anyone..? it may make me feel better

Guest unclebill

Guest unclebill

Ever since I came to TD to learn and get help from others on tinting to set up my own business.. I have been a victim of immature taunts and nastiness from others in the European section.. One of the reasons this is so, is because they want to drive away away others before they set up business them selves. It seems to them, and indeed to me that it is acceptable behavior to do that... is that the way it really is..?

The guys that give me grief do not know me, so far iv had nasty comments.. poems, pictures, photoshop.. Anyway these guys can take the p1ss, and put me down they will do it.. If you ask me they are not capable of contributing and helping others in the European section.. look at what they do to me, why should I be any different to anyone else..?

I put up with it for a while and it did not really bother me.. I understand Americans may find it hard to see things in UK script.

Long term when it gets to the stage when others see a weakness and they think its OK to carry on taking advantage, everyone else may think they can treat new tinters like crap also..

But there comes a time when enough's enough.. I did not come onto a forum to be belittled and treated like a lesser human being.. I did not want to have to remind others that, what goes around may come around eventually.

Maybe I should have sent a polite pm to TD, but I did not want to bitch like I am doing now..

I did surprisingly well to keep as calm as I have been after all the unprovoked taunts and p1ss take, if anyone has seen my threads you maybe aware.. I do not want to cause any trouble, its just a shame a few bad apples drive me to the point of where I will take no more..

I came hear to make friends and learn, some people do not take kindly to that, so why keep them on the forum..? saying that it maybe better to get rid of me, and the next new tinter to come along..

I hope the Attitude of some people does change on site, or I pity the next new guy.. If I could maybe get some public apologies from a few people that would be nice and sorta bury the hatchet..

thanks

Adam

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sunlimited

Hope I never offended you Adam, if I can ever assist you let me know, and Good Luck with tinting...It ain't easy to start but ease comes with time.. :thumb

Guest willie

Dude, you got to let things roll off your back around here, and take things with a grain of salt.

Theres a few bad apples that try to make things personal but you'll find that anywhere.

Hang in there and keep pluggin :thumb

Guest unclebill
Hope I never offended you Adam, if I can ever assist you let me know, and Good Luck with tinting...It ain't easy to start but ease comes with time.. :thumb

oh no the offenders know who they are.. I am just wondering if they are man enough to show there faces..

There is a big difference between laughing with someone, and laughing at them..

but he who laughs last laughs hardest.

Guest naughtydog

Chill Bill,

If you hadn't try to make such a grand entrance and approach things the way you have I'm sure that things would have been different for you.

I know that myself and others have took the p1ss a little but that's how things go when you are the apprentice. If and when you are ready and people understand you and where you are coming from, I'm sure they will warm to you and you will look back and enjoy what has gone on and smile to yourself.

Understand this, some/most of us here have established businesses that have taken years to build, we have had to learn by our mistakes , worked out things along the way, this information will not be parted with easily. Some of the euro guys have been on here for a long while and there will be a perceived hierarchy amongst the guys. You are a new member trying to join the pack.

I would have a look and review your previous postings and try and analyse them , maybe you should of simplified things and gave a more rational introduction. ie:- "I am advertising I can tint in yellow pages but I cant - help me out guys"

Take it on the chin, it's all good experience for you and remember that at the moment you need us more than we need you. Think about this before you hit the button.

ND

Don't worry about it Bill, when I first went into biz for myself a former employer and a film sales rep where trying to put up walls to stop me. Little did they know they did me a favour and I tried harder and now I'm very sucessful :rollin Just hang in there. There will always be someone busting your balls. :lol2:lol

I get pissed when folks jump on here expecting to master it all in a few weeks/months. I find it insulting to the industry and a huge risk for the person. Its usually for forum experts who plop on here and expect to read the forum and have mastered it all before they even get film on the car.

You have to be exceptionally respectful here when you start. The info available here is so critical to the success of a tint business in my opinion, I felt like I was walking around on my tiptoes trying not to be rude or arrogant to anyone when I started. You gotta pay your dues here more so than any other place I've frequented. Folks just dont gettit and then they get an earful for being to cocky around the pros.

Thats my opinion, I read through the thread you spoke of. Its like being a greenhorn on deadliest catch, you dont mouth off or shoot back because you are getting to learn something that is gonna pay you if you get it. Like it or not, the info here is valuable and most dont like folks commin here eatin it up and being rude to those who helped build this place into what it is today. Respect your elders. :rollin

Guest walestint

As naughty said

I thought there was a bit of banter going on, not nastyness, so why the big reaction?

You said in a previous post that someone had been crank calling you? Its a big accusation to make on a forum, are you suggesting its someone from here?

And do you realise loads of people read this forum and do not post? If this happened to you I would look at local competition not suggest it was any of your fellow posters from the UK, as naughty said, you will need help from here, as we all do from time to time.

If thats been happening to you thats bad new but from the posts on this forum I cant see any bad feeling being shown, youve been given advice a plenty and as you havent asked many tinting questions, thats why your replies have been somewhat banter driven.

As for your comment "There is a big difference between laughing with someone, and laughing at them.." youve given as good as you have got and used very choice language, so relax, make friends and dont take things so seriously (except for any crank calls as thats out of order)

Rob

Archived