public apoligy anyone..? it may make me feel better

Guest unclebill

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, that was quite the thread, I guess I have been too busy lately to know about all the drama across the pond....dang...

Uncle Bill...practice makes perfect...the more you practice the more you will have real questions for the pros to help you through, not roll length, when you first start profit should be the last thing on your mind...you should just desire to perfect your tinting process to make a name for yourself, and no one but you can determine how many cars you will get, when we started we got one car out of one roll, a back half even. We lost $130 on that job, but the next job we were better, and so on and so forth, four years later, and a lot of happy customers, we are still perfecting our craft...we know our strengths and weaknesses, we respect our "elders" in the tintdude forum...and they in turn answer the questions we ask....respectfully....

The forum is excellent as a resource but it helps to have a car in your shop or a car coming in so you can look up what it actually takes to successfully tint the vehicle, all the answers to your questions are here, you just have to look them up....

The tips on panels, where to start, how to shrink, what tools to use, etc. will only help you if you have started to tint...if you have no knowledge of how to do it at all Stan here has a great set of DVD's, we recently bought them ourselves to learn how to better ourselves as a business and they are fantastic.

On this forum most of the posters are professionals, self taught or taught by someone else, everyone here has made a name for themselves because of experience and a dedication to the art of window tinting. It is not a forum for someone to learn how to tint themselves, it is a forum for tinting professionals to get advice from other tinting professionals.

So sit back, relax, tint your friends and famlies cars, and if you start to get good at it more power to you, but if you suck at it, get out of it, save yourself the headache and your buddies across the pond bad tint removals....

-Kari @ Guardian Graphics

Guest unclebill
unbelieveable, a virgin wannabe on here begging for advice and talking :lol6

dont talk :beer if you cant take it :lol6

Dude I aint begging for nothing.. I did see this site as a possible resource to help me to learn about tinting, but now Im thinking again.. A few twats on hear think I will put up with personal abuse.. FACT is I wont. You Americans don't see the personal insults and take it the way they are intended from others like I have done, and besides if they aint aimed at you then you wont give a damn and give comments like above..

I aint gonna come hear and say the site stinks and start bitchin for nothing..

Best thing is its not just me... I recived an email from an annonamus source, annoamus said..

My name is *******, AKA *******. If you'll notice, I have all but abandoned that site. I have been a long standing member, and have witnessed that forum digress from a valuable resource to a miserable quagmire of petty, self indulgence, bickering, and general chaos, at times bordering on lunacy.

Ric did a great job with that site, and in getting TD where it is (#1 in the search engines), but sadly, he long ago lost control of the boards. Too worried about offending anyone, or trying to keep peace with squabbling spoiled children.

Don't hold your breath for any apology. It aint happening. After all the time I have been a member, and all that I have contributed, and as many people as I have gone off to help, I had a REAL problem with ********** ******** who asked me to help. He then slandered me, and pitted some of us against each other. And with all that was said, almost everyone took******* ***** side and word as gospel, never once sitting back and thinking, Hey, this just doesn't make sense. That doesn't sound like the ***** we know. They never questioned at all the fabrications of this person who was trying to save face, and I was reviled.

f**k 'em ALL to a man/woman. You will not get an apology, and if you remain on the boards, you can expect NO loyalty or respect from those who are claiming to be your "friends". There are those who DEMANDED an explanation from me, and I just went away, shaking my head in disgust. Those who know me know better, those who would believe anything said at face value I am better off without. So are you.

I feel for ya. I have seen some of the abuse you experienced first hand. Just remember, in life there are somethings you just outgrow. TD.com is one of them. Maybe in the future Ric will figure out how to get a handle on the conduct of the forum (which is why I pop in from time to time, hoping it improves). It's a shame really, as the boards have the potential, and is in a prime position to really benefit this industry, but as it sits now, that forum is looked at with derision by many in this industry and with good reason.

Good luck, and Keep in touch.

LEAST that proves there are some people that undersand around..

A word to whoever wrote that...try spending some time in my shoes before you condemn me, you don't know the half of what I have to deal with. It's always some guy like this letter writer that can't get along in the forum and turns the blame on me and talks smack behind my back. :lol6

Do you have any idea how many no-win situations I get put into constantly? The difficult decisions I have to make almost daily? The character assassinations, the demands that I take this or that side in some squabble I have nothing to do with? And stuff like these anonymous email campaigns?

It's a wonder I'm still sane, or that I haven't just said screw it and given up.

I don't understand what UB wants from this forum or from the tinters here....shouldn't you be practicing your tinting skills and not making such a big deal out of nothing...haven't you ever worked for anyone in a union setting and been a "cub", you have to earn the respect from those who have more experience...especially if you want them to share their knowledge with you and you have to understand that there are tons of people who buy bullshit tint and start tinting their cars and their buddies cars and then decide to start a business...

As for the comments people have made to you and you have made back, it is easy to type on your keyboard and say whatever you want to say...and as for "you" americans, we are the masters of snide insults, so even if we don't fully understand the comments made to you and by you, we get the hint....anger is anger, and an insult is an insult...we aren't stupid.

Guest unclebill
A word to whoever wrote that...try spending some time in my shoes before you condemn me, you don't know the half of what I have to deal with. It's always some guy like this letter writer that can't get along in the forum and turns the blame on me and talks smack behind my back. :lol6

Do you have any idea how many no-win situations I get put into constantly? The difficult decisions I have to make almost daily? The character assassinations, the demands that I take this or that side in some squabble I have nothing to do with? And stuff like these anonymous email campaigns?

It's a wonder I'm still sane, or that I haven't just said screw it and given up.

This person did not know I would use this email, it was sent to me as a gesture I guess... I do not think this person has a bad thing to say about you hear TD, this person just makes out that you should be a little firmer with people that's all..

Archived