public apoligy anyone..? it may make me feel better

Guest unclebill

Better than a soap opera this.

Glad to see it spill over from the EU board so all can watch the drama unfold.

Just like to say as a newbie over the past 18 months I've had nothing but good advice when I've asked.

I watched but never replied to UB's posts as he never seemed to ask a relevant question that I could give advice to.

Any forum can be a difficult place and easy to upset people so as many have said the best advice is to keep cool and dont get wound up.

Ask tinting questions. The huge number of experienced tinters on here are not really interested in seeing a picture of a tool pouch.

But they will help when you need it.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest unclebill
I seriously think the folks that have the most issues here are the ones who are familiar with other forums and expect it to be the same environment. We arent going to spoon feed you information, this isnt just a hobby forum like most places. Its a professional forum that offers insight into a very cool industry, therefore we expect some respect and arent gonna take nobody's guff.

Without TD I can honestly say my biz would have never made it, if you cant catch on quick that the rookies must pay their dues then its your own fault. Kinda like a dog approaching a pack, fall in line and learn and you are fine. Start biting at the ankles and the whole pack is gonna knock you in line or eat you for dinner.

I hope you chill out and take it all in and learn some manners. You could really use this place, I doubt you'll make it without it. But hey I love it when people tell me I wont make it, gives me the drive to prove em wrong. :beer

I have been reading what others say and some people have some valid points, but also a strange outlook..

I get that I have to earn respect on a forum, I kinda felt I got a teeny bit from my first back glass shrink, it was nice to see me get encouragement and a pat on the back, for a job kinda well done..

But there seems to be the attitude that until you earn the respect you will get disrespect, and that's part and parcel and one should put up or shut up..

I would guess many newbies have come and gone because they cant hack it on site, and customers too. Also I know things have gone further because of this strange outlook...

Sure its good to have a laugh on a forum now and again, the comedians do seem to get a following.. When I compare this forum to others I see a difference in the environment you are correct, as far as how far people are allowed to go before the simple joke turns into the personal insult.. Most forums I have come across have guidelines and rules for conduct, this keeps people in check, avoids disruption and brings decorum to the unruly, It also shows professionalism...

Anyway I ain't gonna change anything hear or win any friends, come to think of it why would I want too. Its best I go my own way I have my DVD's and gave it my best shot, and said what I thought I had too. People will be against me now because im standing up for myself and the next new guy to come to TD.com...

Adam

BTW there are quite a few people that feel the same way, but do not speak..

please watch your pm's they will get read that's what administartors can do on forums, some dudes got a ban already.. sorry dude..

No offence but I will look for another forum..

Archived