Question

as I continue to be burnt. what is the difference between

Visible Light Transmisson

and

Glare Rejection

As you have two different films one shiny and another not shiny. and the Glare rejection is different but the VLT is the same? :dunno

Guest tallscott

By reducing visible light you reduce "glare!" Film reflectivity doesn't reduce glare. Visible light has a "Standard" measurement. Gare reduction is marketing. 20% VLT= large "Glare reduction". Most people don't understand VLT, so "Reduces glare by 50%" gives something to relate to. IMHO Glare is visable ligt. You don't have "Glare" problems in the dark! :dunno

Guest darkdan

VLT is just that, VLT.

I have no idea how they test "glare reduction." But obviously the less light the less glare.

That's what I hate about spec sheets, I'll get people going, "Oh, this one reduces 64% glare!" In reality that 35% film isn't going to reduce much glare when that sun is setting and shining in their eyes.

Guest terri2@pa.net

and

Glare Rejection

As you have two different films one shiny and another not shiny. and the Glare rejection is different but the VLT is the same? :shock

Ok, Will give this a shot.....Visible light transmisson is the precentage of visible light allowed to trespass through the glass after the specified film is installed. The Glare Reduction is a calculated precentage comprised of both the Visible Light Reduction and Visible Light Reflected. Hope this helps U.

Glare Reduction: The percent by which visible light transmission is reduced by the addition of a filtering material. For example, if a clear glass pane has a VLT of 90%, and the addition of a window film yields a new VLT of 50%, then the GLARE REDUCTION is from 90 to 50. We compare the difference in light transmission to the original transmission to get the percentage of glare reduction. The calculation runs as follows: (.90 - .50)/.90 = 44.4%.

My favorite customers are the one's that say "I want to block the glare but I want a light film" :beer WTF

:beer:rollin:rollin werd

and

Glare Rejection

As you have two different films one shiny and another not shiny. and the Glare rejection is different but the VLT is the same? :rollin

Ok, Will give this a shot.....Visible light transmisson is the precentage of visible light allowed to trespass through the glass after the specified film is installed. The Glare Reduction is a calculated precentage comprised of both the Visible Light Reduction and Visible Light Reflected. Hope this helps U.

Glare Reduction: The percent by which visible light transmission is reduced by the addition of a filtering material. For example, if a clear glass pane has a VLT of 90%, and the addition of a window film yields a new VLT of 50%, then the GLARE REDUCTION is from 90 to 50. We compare the difference in light transmission to the original transmission to get the percentage of glare reduction. The calculation runs as follows: (.90 - .50)/.90 = 44.4%.

thats what I was aiming for, There has to be a reason why manu's would add VLT and Glare reduction together in they're specs. I thought the amount of light your letting in would the same amount of glare but I guess glare rejection is calculated differently...

Archived